advertisement

The John Westlake/Lakewest MDAC/FDAC, VFET and Detox

Hindsight is a wonderful thing!
(I had over nine btc at one point, if I had kept them today they would be worth £400k +)
But you would have needed balls of finest 904L to have held them as they went up and down and up and down and so forth. I'd have bailed by £500 I bet ;)

But you would have needed balls of finest 904L to have held them as they went up and down and up and down and so forth. I'd have bailed by £500 I bet ;)

Exactly.
Sold them for a nice profit. Profit is profit.
If I hadnt sold them at that point I would have sold then easily two dozen other times.

Almost 3 weeks of silence?
Guys, isn't it time for another round of "hit the sack". Otherwise you will lose the exercise....
As in the past, you will not achieve anything with your actions. But you didn't care about that until now and you will surely feel superior again to beat up on a person in your destructive rage.
So go ahead, release the fury....
Oh, happy 2nd Advent

Any news on FB?

"Fred" - the noun - means "peace" in Danish.
"Fred (ham)" - the imperative form of the verb - means "spare (him)".
Both relevant to Fred's post.

Any news on FB?

Yes great news at last!

After a wait of 8 years and £100K everything is finished, the MDAC2 customers have been shipped their boards, the FDAC is complete with a champagne gold option for those who like a bit of luxury, the internal and external Detox is complete, making the most of both Dacs performance, DCS, Mola Mola Pah! Rubbish compared to these Lakewest Dacs!

The VFET monoblocks are now complete (one customer even being brought back from the dead so he can enjoy them), early reports suggest are they are some of greatest amps every made.

A Christmas miracle to celebrate the birthday of baby Jesus!

Guys, isn't it time for another round of "hit the sack". Otherwise you will lose the exercise....
As in the past, you will not achieve anything with your actions. But you didn't care about that until now and you will surely feel superior again to beat up on a person in your destructive rage.
Oh, happy 2nd Advent

Any news on FB?

A request for an update on FB is now about week old, it's either not been seen or is being ignored.

Perhaps JW is waiting for Xmas eve or New year's eve to give us new hope of a product... I guess the Chinese New year holiday won't play a part now that it's an all European product....having said that I'm sure a part such as the display will be needed from China and hence a new delay will be announced.

Nothing seems to get JW to stop his endless experimenting with the design... Something or someone (a therapist perhaps ) needs to move JW onto production duties.

Perhaps JW has begun "preparing his Doctorate PhD research based on insight and understanding into an acoustic and system phenomenon observed over his career as an audio designer"? (Wikipedia)

Will it be entitled 'Problems of Time Delay in Digital Design', perchance?

Oh, happy 2nd Advent

Any news on FB?

Nurse!, Fred hasn’t taken his meds again!

FWIW I joined PFM some way into the JW 'saga' and was puzzled by it seeming to be a 'neverendum' with people still throwing some money after it. Not knowing JW or the history I didn't feel it was sensible for me to say much about it one way or the other. But it did seem worrying. Intentions all round may well have been good, but the prospects of 'perfection just out of reach' are something I've always been wary about.

Engineering isn't about perfect. It is about optimising to get the best practical result from availble resources in a finite time with finite input. I learned that decades ago when I first heard WISBAR.

Well It Should Be Allright.

Sell that to raise money to make a better one next time if you can. That way people got what they paid for, and you get paid. They didn't pay for what you eventually couldn't provide.

I take my hat off to Mr Westlake. £100k with no recourse and still some disciples live in eternal hope.
Life is a roller-coaster (a terrible song by Ronan Keating), many and varied experiences make life more interesting.

Chasing the rainbow is one of them....not giving up just yet.

JW even promised to meet me in his own country Czech and then later in HK, wonder what would have happened if we really had met, judging now very probably nothing good.

advertisement

Back