advertisement

Gas and Electricity Prices

Yes, if many more fail perhaps the government could take them all under it`s wing and call them, say, Electricity and Gas boards.

Even that wouldn't isolate us from this chaos but might help continuity.

Just bought a load of fertiliser, mostly made from gas, £515 last week, £220 last year and it went up again yesterday.

Inflation won't stop anytime soon.

We've just moved to Octopus from Avro and it has all gone swimmingly; plane sailing in fact.
Ours finally did too the other day, and yes, all good, did a meter reading and instantly got a balance/bill update, which would have taken much longer with Avro (would have been a number of days).

Obviously a lot of us are in for a bit of pain regarding costs going forward, latest BBC info here https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-59483411.

My switch from Avro to Octopus also completed yesterday. I read my meters and entered the readings and received my bill - apart from the cost rise from my original Avro fixed deal all went well.

Got my meter reading reminder this morning. Submitted late morning. Full energy use costs and credit balance this afternoon. Even faster than previous months when the statement would arrive next day !!!!!! Beyond any comparison with previous suppliers, Octopus is just SO efficient and easy to follow. Have only won once in 14 months on their spinning roulette though and that was £1; shows it works, I s'pose.;)

With energy costing so many squid nowadays, I'm happy to feed the Octopus

Unfortunately Octopus will no longer accept customers from any future failed companies along with Eon and others.

As an existing Octopus customer I’d say ‘fortunately’! I suspect everyone they were forced to accept on a non-economically viable basis will impact the price for the rest of us.

My move from Neon Reef to BG goes through tomorrow. This has resulted in my electric bill increasing by 24%

Got my meter reading reminder this morning. Submitted late morning. Full energy use costs and credit balance this afternoon. Even faster than previous months when the statement would arrive next day !!!!!! Beyond any comparison with previous suppliers, Octopus is just SO efficient and easy to follow. Have only won once in 14 months on their spinning roulette though and that was £1; shows it works, I s'pose.;)

With energy costing so many squid nowadays, I'm happy to feed the Octopus
So, not feeling suckered into it, then?

As an existing Octopus customer I’d say ‘fortunately’! I suspect everyone they were forced to accept on a non-economically viable basis will impact the price for the rest of us.
Estimated to cost existing customers £120 next year on top of any other rises.

Is that a quote for a fix or the standard variable which is capped? Surely the latter is the only viable option.
Many companies are only offering fixed deals and refusing to offer the SVR to new customers even though they are required to by the regulator.

I was paying £47 a month via Octopus, my fixed tariff ends in a week.

My duel fuel options from Octopus are...

1. 12 month Fixed Tariff £116
2. Variable Tariff £64
3. 12 month fixed Octopus Loyal customer £81.00

So... if i go to the variable will it stay around £64 because of the price cap? Or is that due to be lifted and should i go with the £81 option?

advertisement

Back