advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Multiple cases in my son's class (year 6). Trajectory seems to be very similar to last year, perhaps a little more advanced; next few weeks / months look set to be carnage, especially considering how lax people are with basic things like masks, distancing etc.

@Seanm - omicron seems to cause unusual heart events - fast and irregular heart beats. Coetzee reported this. And previous variants are known to cause heart problems. Anything on Twitter about this? It could be the reason governments are being increasingly cautious.

Well he’s clearly in the same basic ballpark as Eric Clapton and Van Morrison, whereas his brother just lets other people sing the wrong words to a White Stripes song.

@Seanm - omicron seems to cause unusual heart events - fast and irregular heart beats. Coetzee reported this. And previous variants are known to cause heart problems. Anything on Twitter about this? It could be the reason governments are being increasingly cautious.
Oh, great. No, took the evening off. And look what happens!

Tory Steve Baker urges MPs to vote against latest Covid rules, saying they are 'path to hell'
Baker says MPs face “a fundamental choice between heading towards heaven and heading towards hell”. The government is taking “the path to hell”, he claims. He says he is going to vote against all the measures, because he want to take the path towards heaven. He says he hopes MPs will follow him.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...08cf1826dd7e18#block-61a640728f08cf1826dd7e18
That's where Mr Steve Baker should go and leave Heaven to the rest of us.

23 votes again the mask regulations tonight. The noise doesn’t reflect political reality any more than it does rational debate about public health policy. It’s bullshit culture war.

All I sodding well need. I get all that shit already without having a back up virus lurking about waiting to do the same to me.

As for masks. I was leaving our local B&Q today when I noticed a bin full of packs of paper masks at 50p per pack. I need some more, but was beaten to the bin by a bloke who walked in without a mask, picked a pack out of the bin, opened it, put one on his face and threw the remainder of the pack on an adjacent stand with hand cleanser and tissues on it.... for the use of customers..except him obviously. Next he spent an interminable amount of time rummaging through the bin of masks, taking some packs out, putting them back and so on until I gave up waiting and left. WTF?

Children off with confirmed or suspected covid remains very high, especially when compared to summer term. Half term did cause a drop but new transmission has driven more cases again.

https://twitter.com/chrischirp/status/1465690083609042946/photo/1

If we break it down by secondary and primary you can see v clear differences. Teen vax looks to be making a big difference in secondary schools, while primary schools are seeing more children off than ever before. This is without routine testing of primary school kids.

https://twitter.com/chrischirp/status/1465690088851992579/photo/1

All I sodding well need. I get all that shit already without having a back up virus lurking about waiting to do the same to me.

As for masks. I was leaving our local B&Q today when I noticed a bin full of packs of paper masks at 50p per pack. I need some more, but was beaten to the bin by a bloke who walked in without a mask, picked a pack out of the bin, opened it, put one on his face and threw the remainder of the pack on an adjacent stand with hand cleanser and tissues on it.... for the use of customers..except him obviously. Next he spent an interminable amount of time rummaging through the bin of masks, taking some packs out, putting them back and so on until I gave up waiting and left. WTF?
But it’s all the government’s fault, they make some of the public behave like this… apparently!

Last night and this mornings news has been led by the Governments response to the threat of Omicron with a new enthusiasm for booster vaccinations which to me seems odd given that, as far as I am aware, the scientists have not confirmed the efficacy of the current vaccines to the new variant. Is my interpretation of these events correct?

Children off with confirmed or suspected covid remains very high, especially when compared to summer term. Half term did cause a drop but new transmission has driven more cases again.

https://twitter.com/chrischirp/status/1465690083609042946/photo/1

If we break it down by secondary and primary you can see v clear differences. Teen vax looks to be making a big difference in secondary schools, while primary schools are seeing more children off than ever before. This is without routine testing of primary school kids.

https://twitter.com/chrischirp/status/1465690088851992579/photo/1

My partner was just telling me yesterday how the classes in her kids’ school are getting fuller again so hopefully that’s the vaccine doing its stuff. They need to get vaccines into the primary kids ASAP!

Indeed WTF and this is the reason why if a really deadly variant of the virus comes along which does escape the vaccine we will be well and truly done for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back