advertisement

Phono Stage recommendations

rmcin626

pfm Member
I bought a Pathos Classic Remix Amp a few weeks ago, I am now thinking of a change to my Phono stage currently a Primare R32 , there is of course an obvious choice the Pathos in the Groove, which is around the £1500 mark.

Does anyone have any other suggestions or recommendations around that price mark or ideally cheaper. The Primare R32 is doing a fine job by the way and will be an excellent purchase for someone very soon.

turntable is Acoustic Solid with Ortofon Quintet Bronze

I bought a Pathos Classic Remix Amp a few weeks ago, I am now thinking of a change to my Phono stage currently a Primare R32 , there is of course an obvious choice the Pathos in the Groove, which is around the £1500 mark.

Does anyone have any other suggestions or recommendations around that price mark or ideally cheaper. The Primare R32 is doing a fine job by the way and will be an excellent purchase for someone very soon.

turntable is Acoustic Solid with Ortofon Quintet Bronze
The R32 is a fine phono stage. I would suggest that if possible you do an A/B comparison with the R32 and any potential replacement, rather than assume that something new with rave reviews will better it. You might disapoint yourself.

The R32 is a fine phono stage. I would suggest that if possible you do an A/B comparison with the R32 and any potential replacement, rather than assume that something new with rave reviews will better it. You might disapoint yourself.

You could be right, and yes the R32 is fine phono stage, if i thought something within budget would make a significant difference then I would be happy to spend the money.

Combining the In the Groove with your Pathos Classic Remix would give you the option to go balanced, if that appealed. (I have no idea if there's any benefit to that in a typical domestic audio setting)

Combining the In the Groove with your Pathos Classic Remix would give you the option to go balanced, if that appealed. (I have no idea if there's any benefit to that in a typical domestic audio setting)

Knew it was an option, and as you say not sure if that would be beneficial

The OP will be welcome to try the demo Arkless GTi phono stage when it next goes on a round country tour in the new year. Well under budget too.

Trichord make some nice stages at all levels from £600-£2000. I went for the Dino Mk3 with NC PSU, I'm delighted with the clarity, neutrality and very low noise floor.

Birdseed007
Thanks for the suggestion, its good to have several different suggestions

advertisement

Back