advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
No referee should be tolerating four or five players jostling them and 'legends' pointing in their faces and sneering.

Very, very professional performance from City, today, with Rodri in immense form, sweeping up everything and dominating the centre of the pitch.
He's really stepped into the Fernandinho role now. Still great to see the old man get the winning goal though. Thought we were comfortable for most of the match, just allowed them to come at us a bit too much. First time I've seen Declan Rice and got to say he's a very decent player. That first half snow storm was a bit mad though!

A good result and Chelsea dropping points has helped close things up a bit. Shame Liverpool won though but you can't have everything! ;)

To be fair Liverpool don't look great at the back even in still conditions.;)
I think my boys will drop points today - Anthony Taylor nailed on for another man of the match performance.:eek:

to be fair, Chelsea looked poor at the back today against Utd, you should be thankful to the ref for salvaging a point, Thiago certainly milked it ;)

Is Rafa trying to get himself in the running for the next manager to be sacked? They're in relegation form at the moment - only 1 point from their last 5 games.

Well if he loses that, the Everton fans would be pretty upset with him I guess...

C'mon Rafa! ;)

Tough game away at Villa for us that same night. New manager bounce should see them win it easily.

Very, very professional performance from City, today, with Rodri in immense form, sweeping up everything and dominating the centre of the pitch.
Yes simply better quality all over the pitch.
I didnt think we passed the ball particularly well today but no complaints about the result at all.
Hope Cresswell is ok after that nasty collision with the post.

Yeah we were really lucky to get that point - United were absolutely all over us for large periods of the match - we were starved of possession and really have Mendy to thank for scraping us a point.:rolleyes:
The little that Mendy did he tried to mess it up, play like that against better teams and you'll pay a high price, Utd we're ordinary and nearly pulled it off

PRI_212399733-760x493.jpg

"Looks fine to me; got me vest on...what's the fuss?"

MOTD 2 waxing lyrical about United is really something to behold when Chelsea were miles the better team.
Think they were just acknowledging that they’ve played better than under Ole. I though De Gea’s comments were more telling ‘we’re now a proper team’. Doesn’t say much for what Ole was doing does it?

I know it’s not even Christmas yet but have we got a genuine 3 team battle for the title? It’s only been between City and another for the last few seasons but I think it’s hard to split the top 3 at the moment. Still think Chelsea & Liverpool have more firepower than us though. Chelsea still have big Rom coming back now I think makes them slight overall favourites. Maybe we can convince Haaland to start 2022 by coming to Manchester and helping us out? ;)

Werner was incredibly wasteful yesterday, if Chelsea had taken their chances, they would have been out of sight. Still, it's good to be top, and have clear improvements to be made. I understand the United comments, the defending was night and day compared to the Watford game.

Werner was incredibly wasteful yesterday, if Chelsea had taken their chances, they would have been out of sight. Still, it's good to be top, and have clear improvements to be made. I understand the United comments, the defending was night and day compared to the Watford game.

He was very wasteful and a couple of defensive errors could easily have given United the points that they did not deserve. There is very often a bump when a new manager arrives but United's performance was nowhere near Chelsea's, despite four lead headlines in today's Daily Mail about them. Why do I read such shi**?

I thought the Chelsea MUFC game was a proper match, the former were a lot better in the first half & Utd shaded the second.

Went to Anfield Saturday and watched Liverpool as normal Liverpool played well but were very wasteful of the chances they had we could and should have scored more . Southampton were very poor and they do not seem as good a side as they were last season . No real fight after the first goal went in even though Alison had to make a few decent saves . Liverpool need to keep improving and be more clinical if we can stay in touch till the end of the year then we have reasonable chance of finishing top four . As both City and Chelsea tend to improve towards the end of the season and Liverpool will be missing most of their strike power for Jan and early Feb we will most likely lose touch then but could push our way to top four before the end of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back