advertisement

Today I have mainly been v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shortened walk this morning because our usual patch have tall trees and it wasn’t safe and anywhere else you couldn’t stand up, So, a walk along the stream where the trees are stunted so less likely to fell you. Dog decided to plunge into high/brown/rapid water as there was a cormorant three times the size of her normal prey(mallards). It just slipped under and Phoebe was foxed… yet again. Despite shivering any time she paused she was off hunting the whole walk. Chaps, we have a poodle/jack Russell cross. All the intelligence of a poodle and the bloody-mindedness of a Jack. At eleven years old she is getting near to being manageable…

Indoor Christmas fair this morning.

Early evening, mrs seagull left me swearing at the TV (0-0 vs Leeds) as she went to see Martin Clunes switch on the Christmas lights in the village.

Martin Clunes has come down in the world if he is switching on the Xmas lights in a 'village'. Not so long ago he would have aspired to doing the switching in London Oxford Street or some similar place [A city].
How the great fall ...?

Local lights, for local people (he lives just up the road). Proceeds going to the local hospice.

Far more important than illuminating a shopping street.

Mrs seagull said that he's a lovely bloke and took time to speak with everyone who wanted to.

I met him a few years ago at a mate's 50th in Beaminster. At the time I had a slightly inappropriate girlfriend, who was 6ft tall, amongst other things. Clunesey was very taken by her decolletage.

'I say' said he, in an exagerratedly Clunesey kind of way. She thought it was hilarious.

Met with the neighbours of a community complex to raise funds for tree cutting. What a pain when no service charge, hard to persuade folks to pay for anything!! Still quote was way cheaper than I thought so hopefully can do so

I took a few bottles around the side of the house to the bin..only to find several bits of next door's 'dry verge' (roof trim) lying in the side path.
Called him, only to find he was 100 miles away returning from a trip to Norfolk.
Arranged access for HIM to fix the problem at his leisure.
Went for a walk in the Baltic winds..about 2000 steps.
Done..

Just back from morning dog walk. Tinkerbell very lively and chasing squirrels. Weather quite good, sunny but cold with frozen puddles and a stiff northerly breeze. Saw a couple of cormorants and a heron on the duck pond. Back home to toast, marmalade, coffee, and a read of the papers before knocking up some venison stew for dinner tonight. It's a tough life.

food spillage from the hand bird feeder appears to be attracting vermin.

online shopping, having done lots of trying on and extreme pondering, I bought the Meindl walking shoes in a size shop didn't have.

The Mrs hates online shopping, so it's my job to do the searching and find her bra's and leggings.

Pondering the pork, chorizo and bean stew thing for later

Round of golf got cancelled as it was too cold:rolleyes:so I went to practice at the driving range (Norwood park GC, for those of you that are local). Much more productive time, possibly, than the round of golf itself. I should practice more often.

Now for the grade 2 hair cut!

We've been enjoying the fruits of my programme to reduce draughts in our house. After moving in I noticed that the kitchen was always cold. On checking under the kitchen units I discovered that there were no skirtings under them. There could be quite a draught at times. Most of this is now sealed with expanding foam. There is a corner that is sadly out of reach, will revisit it some time . Extractor fans have been fitted with back draught flaps, only the cooker hood to sort out. A flap has been temporarily fitted to the tumble dryer vent. This was done in the teeth of Storm Arwen with an immediately noticeable improvement. Just got the wall plugs and screws to fix to finish the job.

Been driving so little that both cars have had to be put on charge to top-up their batteries.

Testing the initial prototype of a new addition to the Uncle Marchbanks range - a portable rechargeable moustache wax warmer for the overcoat pocket. Early results are promising, but I will suggest to my lawyers that they insert a clause along the lines of ‘Uncle Marchbanks PLC will not be held responsible for first-degree burns arising from the use of this product’ in the small print on the packaging.

51710173412_7d634d644d.jpg

Martin Clunes has come down in the world if he is switching on the Xmas lights in a 'village'. Not so long ago he would have aspired to doing the switching in London Oxford Street or some similar place [A city].
How the great fall ...?
sad to say i am a huge fan of doc martin !!! love his grumpiness and the scenery and they come up with some amazing diseases like sleeping sickness and carbon monoxide poisoning

coffee cup weighed about 20kg this morning .... :( pretty bad after the moderna jab !!! extremely weak but recovering now

‘In the kingdom of the blind
It’s said the one-eyed man is king
And in the kingdom of the bland
It’s nine o’clock on ITV’

HMHB: Corgi Registered Friends

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back