advertisement

Deep Fat Fryers, countertop

I bought the burner ring Chris you know the ones that they have on sites for boiling tea urns? Fantastic thing, the gas bottle lasted me eighteen months anyway I stuck a M&S half cooked roasted chicken on the griddle the other day, absolutely superb if you like sort of caramelised stuff.

i know the old site ring burners, saw a few cook eggs on a shovel on one of those.

i know the old site ring burners, saw a few cook eggs on a shovel on one of those.

Bought it from Ebay, £29 delivered was going to buy an LPG barbecue thing but you're talking a couple of hundred quid plus the gas bottle etc.

We have an Aldi Pizza oven outside too but I'd like a proper brick built one, the Aldi one is okay but we rarely use it.

We bought a cheap from eBay that lasted a few weeks, so got our money back and bought a Tefal Easy Pro. Not that we have fried food very often, but It's nice every once in a while (Chips are very moreish).
The wife bought one of these, must be a model up because it has a tank below that lets you filter the oil once or twice before chucking it out, she/I think it's very good.

Whichever one you get will be at the back of a cupboard by March.

So true. Who is not a sucker for chips? I bought one on the back of this ‘do yer own’ fantasy that has done nothing but take up space on the top of our fridge for three years now.
With the uptake of mobile phones there’s nothing to stop you getting some proper chips from the Chippy whilst her indoors starts frying the eggs and warming the beans at just the right moment.

So true. Who is not a sucker for chips? I bought one on the back of this ‘do yer own’ fantasy that has done nothing but take up space on the top of our fridge for three years now.
With the uptake of mobile phones there’s nothing to stop you getting some proper chips from the Chippy whilst her indoors starts frying the eggs and warming the beans at just the right moment.

Fish and chips have to be eaten right out of the fryer/chipshop.

My son's a chef he advises frying chips @ 130 degree c then putting them in the fridge for a few hours then fry them again @ 190 degree c or you can fry them three times ending up with the previous.

My mother and my mother in law made fantastic chips in a chip pan with a basket.

Personally I can't stand chip shop chips they're always too soft and the chips are too big.

Love fish shop fried fish though but it does have to be eaten within minutes of coming out of the fryer, once you get it home it's crap.

Fish and chips have to be eaten right out of the fryer/chipshop.

My son's a chef he advises frying chips @ 130 degree c then putting them in the fridge for a few hours then fry them again @ 190 degree c or you can fry them three times ending up with the previous.

My mother and my mother in law made fantastic chips in a chip pan with a basket.

Personally I can't stand chip shop chips they're always too soft and the chips are too big.

Love fish shop fried fish though but it does have to be eaten within minutes of coming out of the fryer, once you get it home it's crap.

think i know what i am gonna make first, fryer now on order, getting over excited.

nice, hoping this will be ok with my gluten free flour, i will give this a whirl.

BTW, get decent oil mate, I bought light olive oil which was quite expensive and pish my wife buys 'crisp n dry' which is good IMO my son say's you want a high temp oil like rapeseed or similar.

It takes me seventy secs to get home and I leave the box open;)

We've some really decent fish and chips shops here in Glasgow, the best ones are on the Gallowgate IMO, they've been there for about 100 years and are a bit run down but the fish and chips are amazing, Frankie's is the best but the Val d Oro is good too you just need to watch you don't get stabbed:D

We have those posh fish and chips shops too, my wife and kids like them but I think they're terrible, all that thrice cooked chips in geese fat nonsense:rolleyes:

I've had fish and chips on Skye, Portree I think, which were sensational but you can't eat them outside for the seagulls and Anstruther in Fife with queues for miles at lunch time and there's an excellent place at Ardossan harbour.

Chris don't forget the fresh lemons:D

I never had decent F&C until I lived near Whitby one winter. Things have improved down south, but it always staggered me that people only had a couple of things to cook and didn’t do it perfectly.

BTW, get decent oil mate, I bought light olive oil which was quite expensive and pish my wife buys 'crisp n dry' which is good IMO my son say's you want a high temp oil like rapeseed or similar.
Your generic supermarket “vegetable oil” is usually rapeseed. Check the label before forking out for boutique stuff

Your generic supermarket “vegetable oil” is usually rapeseed. Check the label before forking out for boutique stuff

this.

I'd love another deep fat fryer but they are such a faff to keep clean. I want to make proper onion bhaji and pakora again.

Fried potatoes- we don't make chips any more but we do shallow fry in olive oil for crispy chip like things as we've had in Spain.

I never had decent F&C until I lived near Whitby one winter. Things have improved down south, but it always staggered me that people only had a couple of things to cook and didn’t do it perfectly.

The fish and chips shop in Whitby is meant to be excellent one of the best in the UK apparently

advertisement

Back