advertisement

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Also, in the true spirit of Christmas, I hope all of you don't eat all of the Turkeys...!!

Not that I like Turkey.. but if you eat them all, the panic buyers here will buy all of the stuff I do like...;)

Happy thanksgiving!

Turkey is off our menu (not that we eat a Thanksgiving meal, being British) but for Christmas my parents and I will have cold cuts with pickles and cheeses; Typically we'll roast a pork joint, a beef joint and a lamb joint. We realised a while back that none of us are actually that fond of turkey, but we do like a cold tea!

And to you..

We have to wait another month before we sit down to eat incinerated turkey with relatives we don't really like. ;)

Happy Thanksgiving.

When I was living in the States, the people that I worked with made sure everyone who was around on their own was invited to someone's house for Thanksgiving. Welcoming outsiders into what was a family event was in my case, and I am sure many others, very much appreciated. Living in North Carolina, both of my Thanksgivings were when the weather was good and so were mostly outside, which as I look at at 5 Deg C and rain, makes me think again as to how lucky I was.

Happy Thanksgiving, Bob, and everyone else who celebrated yesterday. Thanksgiving is what a holiday should be - gathering with friends and family, taking time to reflect on the good in your life, and no commercialization (at least not until Friday).
PFM is a great place to hangout online.

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Mrs. Hook and I enjoyed vegan tapas, and video conferenced remote relatives. Avoided watching the news, which helped make it a lovely, relaxing day.

When we lived in the U.S. we celebrated American Thanksgiving with a roasted Tofurky, which is every bit as delicious as it sounds.

Joe

Last time I had turkey I made it into Turchetta. Butterfly the turkey crown and season a la porchetta. Re-roll it and sous vide it for IIRC 5hs.

It then got deep fried to crisp the skin up and sliced thick. It was delicious.

When we lived in the U.S. we celebrated American Thanksgiving with a roasted Tofurky, which is every bit as delicious as it sounds.

Joe

I like several of the plant-based meat substitutes, but Tofurky is an abomination. Worst advertisement ever for becoming a vegetarian! :eek:

Hook,

Man, do I know that. Tofurky is terrible, but at least no bird died. It's also handy to prevent overeating.

Joe

advertisement

Back