advertisement

Today I have mainly been v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Retrieved the dog from outside sister's kitchen in the early hours. He had supplemented the horseshit with some fresh fox shit on the way there, nearly gagged on the way back, it was uniquely revolting, even for fox shit. Had to get the hose on him, get him in and make some nod towards drying him off. Got back to bed at 3 in the morning.

the aborted walk/shopping expedition, turned into cooking tonights meal. halibut steak, a really nice fish, with Asian mush and spinich and rice, which was not ideal, hence the new thread.

went up the fat donut on a pole- chose a good day

20211125-112639.jpg

20211125-113741.jpg
It is rather good - but I dodged the over priced 'Champagne' opportunities! And swerved through the obligatory 'gift' shop!

supervised someone filling dosset medication box

fitted another door , contacted the bosses of a supported living company to kick up a stink about antisocial behaviour and had a good walk in the park

A bit of excitement today, as one of our light industrial units caught fire. The tenant has used it as a workshop for his lawnmower repair business for many years. He was loading his van, and it went off like a bomb had hit it, no idea what set it off. When I got there there were no less than 5 appliances in attendance, and a good 30 firemen.

In the few seconds of grace the guy managed to go back into the unit, and with some difficulty retrieve his young dog, whose lead had got wrapped around a compressor. He had to be checked for the potential effects of smoke inhalation, but both he a the spaniel were, thankfully, OK.

The blaze was fierce and spectacular, fed by exploding lawnmower petrol tanks, aerosols and gas canisters, with a pall of dense, black smoke. It was however effectively contained by the fact that it was an old wartime prefab, and thus made of asbestos. There was no damage at all to neighbouring units, but the firemen had to put on full hazchem kit, and decontaminate everything afterwards.

I have to say, it was pretty shocking to see how quickly that fire got a hold, and how destructive it was. The fellow has lost everything that was in there, and will have to start from scratch. Even his phone, with his client list on it, has gone.

Another long walk from Chepstow. On the way back we met two older women going in the opposite direction, one of whom asked us 'Is this the right way for Chepstow?' We told her no, we were just on our way back there, but were in a bit of a rush as our car par ticket didn't have much time left on it, so they tagged along behind us. I don't know where they would have ended up if they'd kept going.

Day off work today, on account of my birthday. Getting my head around being 60. Seems a bit alien to me. When I was little, 60 was old. I don't particularly feel old, mentally still in my 30's or 40's (or so I convince myself). Had a mooch around HMV and Rough Trade this morning, but nothing took my fancy. I was considering going to see the James Bond film at the cinema, but missed the early one, and the afternoon one was too late. Decided to go home and chill on the sofa and watch "2001" on dvd. At least, I thought I had it on dvd, but my wife says that was VHS! So, Amazon prime then.

Later, opened my new Pure Evoke H6 that was delivered while I was out. Pretty good sound, and Bluetooth for my MP3's off the phone.

Chinese takeaway for tea (as we call it around here), as the boy is at Air Cadets, so will need his Uber at 9:30, so can't go out for a meal tonight. That is delayed to a late Sunday lunch, after a visit to the space centre.

Work tomorrow, where I will be expecting a "surprise", as someone I worked with who retired this year whatsapped me to ask "what they got me". Looks like I will have to play along...

Just had a lovely 90 minutes of dicing carrots and celery to add to my spag bol concoction 3 peppers to dice then preparation is complete veg wise.

Despite wearing four layers and a thick jacket and long johns under my kecks today’s golf was bloody cold. By the time we got to the 15th at 15.00 we just wanted it over and done with.

A bit of excitement today, as one of our light industrial units caught fire. The tenant has used it as a workshop for his lawnmower repair business for many years. He was loading his van, and it went off like a bomb had hit it, no idea what set it off. When I got there there were no less than 5 appliances in attendance, and a good 30 firemen.

In the few seconds of grace the guy managed to go back into the unit, and with some difficulty retrieve his young dog, whose lead had got wrapped around a compressor. He had to be checked for the potential effects of smoke inhalation, but both he a the spaniel were, thankfully, OK.

The blaze was fierce and spectacular, fed by exploding lawnmower petrol tanks, aerosols and gas canisters, with a pall of dense, black smoke. It was however effectively contained by the fact that it was an old wartime prefab, and thus made of asbestos. There was no damage at all to neighbouring units, but the firemen had to put on full hazchem kit, and decontaminate everything afterwards.

I have to say, it was pretty shocking to see how quickly that fire got a hold, and how destructive it was. The fellow has lost everything that was in there, and will have to start from scratch. Even his phone, with his client list on it, has gone.
pretty shocking to hear this , poor chap .not a nice thing to happen

Day off work today, on account of my birthday. Getting my head around being 60. Seems a bit alien to me. When I was little, 60 was old.
Don’t worry about it. It’s old compared to some, not to others. Just a number. Yes, it does feel odd when you think about it. A few months ago I went to a chemist to get a pack of LFTs. The pharmacist asked me how old I was. “Sixty-f...” I started, before thinking that couldn’t possibly be right. I stopped and thought for a few seconds while he probably thought ‘daft old git’, realised it was definitely true and confidently shouted ‘sixty-five!’ A cathartic moment.

There's nothing wrong with being 55 or 60 or 65. There's plenty wrong with pretending to yourself that you are not.

Have a great evening!

Looking back at being a mere teen, and thinking - 60, it's a lifetime away..
Now I realise, it's more like 47/80ths of a lifetime.
Well, Im hoping so, as a minimum.

Don’t worry about it. It’s old compared to some, not to others. Just a number. Yes, it does feel odd when you think about it. A few months ago I went to a chemist to get a pack of LFTs. The pharmacist asked me how old I was. “Sixty-f...” I started, before thinking that couldn’t possibly be right. I stopped and thought for a few seconds while he probably thought ‘daft old git’, realised it was definitely true and confidently shouted ‘sixty-five!’ A cathartic moment.

There's nothing wrong with being 55 or 60 or 65. There's plenty wrong with pretending to yourself that you are not.

Have a great evening!
I always give my age like today, 69 and 3/4…

Day off work today, on account of my birthday. Getting my head around being 60. Seems a bit alien to me.

Every day after my 60th will be a day off. No way am I working past then, screw that shit. And if I get a chance to retire a day earlier, I will.

Then I will spend my days walking dogs to a convivial pub, drinking a couple of pints more than I should, sharing pork scratchings with the dogs, and all that sort of stuff.

2846 days to go…

Today I have woken up with an headache and various body parts are aching too, just taken 2 paracetamol to try and lessen the pain.

This was after feeling like a block of ice last night and part of yesterday.

All after effects of having my booster on Wednesday night, I’ve had AZ AZ now Moderna.

Oh, my left shoulder where the injection went it, is bouncing off a 8 or 9 in the pain chart, far worse than the first two jabs.

Good job I’m a little soldier, off to work soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back