advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was pointed out to you yesterday @mandryka, the UK (led by Scotland) has an average of 76% 1st and 69% 2nd jabs across all age groups. Scotland is the leading uk nation and stands 25th in the world. England is behind France slightly above the EU average.

The issue is not where we are with 1st and 2nd doses now, it is where we were with vaccinations IN JULY!!!! That is what enabled us to let it rip and be free during summer and to deal with the resulting exit wave in the warmer months. The EU and the USA and Australia couldn't because at that time they were slow to vaccinate. And that was the initial touch of genius in the British plan.

English exceptionalism doesn't work on me. I hope nobody who has lost friends and family in recent months reads your post - they certainly didn't teach tact at your school.

https://www.travellingtabby.com/uk-coronavirus-tracker/

This is unworthy of you. If you were a gentleman you would delete it.

I think Dacre may have got to @mandryka

This is particularly silly.

Yup, says he doesn't know... yet studiously avoids finding out.

You need to tell Gavin that, who clearly just knee jerked in his typical way and wrote utterly irrelevant stuff in response to my argument.

Yup, says he doesn't know... yet studiously avoids finding out.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Kids more like. How anyone can think it’s a morally justifiable idea to put vaccines into 12 year olds while 70 year olds are dying less than a couple of hours away beats me - unless it’s just the view that dark skinned foreigners don’t count. It’s obscene.
When she was arguing against universal boosters, Christina Pagel used to make the reasonable point that there are *a lot* more adults than there are 11–17 year olds. She’s reverse-ferreted on boosters - doesn’t play well with her audience. Now calling for travel bans of course to deal with the new variant.

Vaccines for Africa: Booo!

Travel bans for Africa: Hooray!

Weekly surveillance report here

Surveillance indicators suggest that at a national level COVID-19 activity increased in some
indicators, while decreasing in others in week 46 of 2021. Laboratory indicators suggest that
influenza activity is very low.

Overall COVID-19 case rates increased in week 46. Case rates increased in most regions and
in all ethnic groups. Case rates increased in most age groups, but decreased in those aged
over 60. Overall Pillar 1 and Pillar 2 positivity remained stable compared to the previous week.

The overall number of reported acute respiratory incidents in the past week increased in
England compared to the previous week, most notably in educational settings. SARS-CoV-2
was identified in the majority of these.

COVID-19 hospitalisations decreased in week 46. Deaths with COVID-19 decreased in the
most recent week.

Even the booster programme here has been managed better than any other first world country. I don’t count Israel.

I'm not sure in what way the booster programme has been better managed?

I don't pretend to be in any way medically trained BUT I simply don't understand why we aren't rolling out the booster jabs on the same basis the initial vaccinations were rolled out i.e. Groups 1 - 9. From what I'm reading it seems to be something close to free for all at the moment with people being encouraged to "chase up" getting a jab as opposed to the initial roll-out where we told we would be contacted in due course (as indeed both my wife and I were).

What am I missing? I'm just having to re-arrange mine a second time due to the job I'm doing on this here boatie being dragged out still further.

Regards

Richard

I'm not sure in what way the booster programme has been better managed?

Numbers -- this is from the latest ZOE presentation. Better results implying better management I guess.

Capture.jpg

More transmissible, escapes immunity.

https://twitter.com/miamalan/status/1463846528578109444?s=21

At least this might finally encourage richer countries to get vaccines to Africa in large quantities, very quickly. Border theatre isn’t going to be enough.

Well, potentially more transmissible etc pending further lab work - but agreed, it doesn't look great.

Question: if you have a mostly vaccinated population but still have a high number of cases (like the UK) presumably you still have the same risk of the virus mutating into new variants. Is that correct?

Question: if you have a mostly vaccinated population but still have a high number of cases (like the UK) presumably you still have the same risk of the virus mutating into new variants. Is that correct?

Some say it's the ideal condition to create a vaccine busting mutant, especially in schools where you have a mixture of vaccinated, partial and un-vaccinated together with high prevalence and a lack of other controls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back