advertisement

Today I have mainly been v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
there is no "that" London, and to use the term is deeply upsetting and childish

! it’s a place, it doesn’t have feelings and besides the term is used ironically by people on here and it’s more of a joke on the North than it is on London anyway, personally I had a wail of a time there I don’t dislike the place.

Low today, thought it might be the drab weather. Struggled to get up, and awfully tired all day. The day itself was bitty, got caught up at work when I needed to be elsewhere. Spent early evening working through some photos to prepare them for printing for a client, but really only displacement activity to put off going to the hated Sainsburys. Gave up and went.

Got back, fed the dog and noticed, with dismay, that he'd rolled in horseshit during the day. Too late to hose him down. Good supper of halibut, not from Sainsbury. Baked two loaves of sourdough. Went back to photos. Woke up at computer, looked at clock. Midnight.

Went to put the cork in the wine, and struggled to work out why it was still in the corkscrew, as it was a bottle I'd started last night, then realised I'd finished that one before opening this. All the more dismayed to see that most of it was gone, and some white from another fresh bottle too. And I was still in the supermarket at 8.20, with nothing more than a cup of tea inside me. Not good.

Let the dog out to do his thing.

Went to bed, and noticed much too late that I'd left the bedroom door open when I went out earlier. Sure enough, the bedroom reeked of horseshit, and there's a dirty, hairy, stinking, Labrador-shaped impression at exactly the spot where my head meets the pillow.

The dog hasn't come back. Now I remember that one of my sister's lab bitches is on song. She lives a couple of miles away. Texted her to call me when the dog gets there. Waiting for the call. There are several small, dark roads across the grain of those two miles. I hope the call comes.

There's a bloody rat in my wall, scratching scratching. Wide awake now.

That chimed with me. Thankyou. Except I don’t have a dog, and I have mice, not rats. I get so cross at myself when I get through a bottle without noticing. off to Leicester this morning. Christmas present to myself

waking up with a view of the west pier. Lovely morning

20211125-083038.jpg

I'd have a coffee on the balcony if the coffee provided here wasn't instant of the worst type

breakfast is calling. Been laying in this bed watching the Mrs with her morning routine, two lots of eye drops to keep the glaucoma at bay, shaving, and maneuvering some assets into an engineered garment. Wondering how much engineering goes in a brassiere

breakfast; half a grapefruit, a virgin Mary. Toast (2 slices - 1 brown and 1 white - you have to live a little) spread with butter and marmite. Enrobed with baked beans, and anointed with two fried eggs (at least they haven't done away with the egg chef) - garnished with black pudding. Breakfast sausage on the side. Then a small cheese plate.

now coffee - I so hate those touch screen bean cup machines that you need to programme in order to persuade it to emit an unpleasant liquid. All I want is three or four espressos. Press the espresso button, then the strength then select the volume of water.....then it chugs and grinds and an unpleasant brown liquid emerges. A Cappuccino for Louise, push buttons for milk, coffee strength and liquid volume.....and then what, it ejaculates the milk first and dribbles coffee on top, what sort of aberration is that.

Ooo get you! The Metropole. Are you doing a tour of faded seaside resorts? Ventnor next?

not sure I'd call Brighton faded but YMMV

Yes the Hilton Metropole is wearing well worn clothes, but it's faded grandure is comfortable, and you get alot of room (size does matter) and a view for your money. Oh and you get a bidet!

And actually we love the gritty and edgy seaside resorts, if they are faded so be it.

next coastal visitation is St Leonards.

trapped nerve playing up. was hoping to walk into town, fresh veg from world food centre and other bits and bobs. waiting for the ibuprofen to kick in before venturing out, then i get a delivery notice, new workshop heater needs signing for.
frustrating as the sun is glowing, pain temporarily easier and i have to sit and wait, patience needed or a early cookie.

Daughter from uni appeared on the doorstep last night. A very pleasant surprise. She proceed to open every kitchen cupboard to see what there was to eat; commenting on how fully he fridge was of food.

She cooked, ate and fell asleep on the sofa, I guess students are made of softer stuff these days.

More work today. Trying to get my head around contractual obligations written in some ancient legal language which refers to limbs of clauses and schedules with qualifying statements like, "from time to time", "as can be reasonably expected from a competent supplier". It's like unpicking a giant ball of never ending string.

Light relief gained from annoying daughter though, and the sun is shining.

Trying to figure out whether Indonesia is going to slip back on to the red list in case we book tickets over Christmas to go and visit family, only to loose them.

Started on a course of statins and blood thinners for my heart. Letter from the hospital telling me I'm on the urgent list for an angiogram.

It's all go here I tell ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back