advertisement

Crap Christmas presents that bring joy

Good luck, I hope it picks up - do you need clients or candidates?

Cheers; my previous company went under last year more or less as soon as we got locked down, all my clients worked from home and/or put loads of staff onto furlough, so had no choice but to put the business into administration.

Re-launched; but its hard work/slow and I've not a lot dropping off over Dec & Jan so far, so it's a bit fraught...

We're lucky that my wife has a very secure & well paid job and we're good little children and save too... So we're doing a lot better than others; but it's the frustrations with the business that do my nut in, and it doesn't help my anxiety levels!

I need both clients & candidates; but for clients, I'm ok as the ones I have are loyal and will only use me, but it'd be nice to have a few new ones on board. As for candidates, it's a tough market, more so the dev side of things, that's really bad currently due to Manchester and businesses there paying salaries that the rest of the North West cannot and won't compete with...

Sorry; this is completely off topic too!

Someone bought me a goat for Pakistan one year ...charity gifts where you send money to charity and they donate things like goats . Rather a good idea I think

Someone bought me a goat for Pakistan one year ...charity gifts where you send money to charity and they donate things like goats . Rather a good idea I think

did you slaughter it?

I recall buying chicken for a BBQ in Homs (Syria) and having to buy them live. I paid someone else to slit their throats, and pluck em.

Amazing , some years back I did training to work in remote Asian areas . We had to learn to catch and kill chickens . As most folks got theirs from Tesco it was a bit of a shock !!!

Last year I told the three most important women in my life that I wouldn't be buying them hammocks, torches, beanies, RC helicopters, make-up, scalextric etc (OK, some of that was quite a few years ago...;)) and that the ££ was going to Crisis. It went down well (on Xmas day) and we were all happy with that.

Amazing , some years back I did training to work in remote Asian areas . We had to learn to catch and kill chickens . As most folks got theirs from Tesco it was a bit of a shock !!!

spent alot of time in Peshawar with the British Council and holidayed in Gilgit regularly. Lost count of the number of times I visited India - 50+

When I was in my teens we used to get hens from the egg farm. The woman who ran it used to wait for you to arrive, catch it and pull its neck as you waited.
These days I see enough of chickens at work. 75,000 a day at the current establishment. They arrive alive and leave as portions, fillets and dice.

We haven’t exchanged gifts on Christmas for many years. We also stopped giving gifts for birthdays, anniversaries and so on, but we still celebrate special occasions with nice meals and activities when possible.

Last inexpensive, surprise Christmas gift I recall receiving was a Grateful Dead lunchbox.

8-EFCEA20-036-A-4-E2-C-B1-A7-1-A29-D6481-C08.jpg

I retired last year, so now I use it for my stash. :cool:

LOL...this year I might suggest to the three most important women in my life that they get me a stash in a deadhead's lunchbox...now that could bring some joy on the big day!!

You will find that very handy when you next attend the Lille Wine Fair. Mine has stood me in good stead for some years, mainly as a transporter for 30 bottles (more at your peril) but also as a gentle prodder into the calf muscles of folk who are blocking the corridor in front of you when you are worried you might soon forget which stand you were intending to visit next.

49078389051_6c359df86c.jpg

Now I'm annoyed. Hermes have been processing my parcel at their central hub for 2 days...

That's my crap present, dammit!!

When I was in my teens we used to get hens from the egg farm. The woman who ran it used to wait for you to arrive, catch it and pull its neck as you waited.
These days I see enough of chickens at work. 75,000 a day at the current establishment. They arrive alive and leave as portions, fillets and dice.

Another stressful year in the chicken trade as avian flu pops up; seems to be most years now.

Hope the Thirsk outbreak won't affect you.

Electric fly swat, like a cheap plastic tennis racquet with high voltage wire strings. Unfortunately it suffered a total structural failure during a particularly exuberant swotting episode.

Electric fly swat, like a cheap plastic tennis racquet with high voltage wire strings. Unfortunately it suffered a total structural failure during a particularly exuberant swotting episode.

yes we've been through a few for the same reason. Maplins used to be a good source of them....now Amazon has become the peddler of tat

Last year I told the three most important women in my life that I wouldn't be buying them hammocks, torches, beanies, RC helicopters, make-up, scalextric etc (OK, some of that was quite a few years ago...;)) and that the ££ was going to Crisis. It went down well (on Xmas day) and we were all happy with that.

We did the same for the whole family last year and will do so again this year. When you look at all the tat people buy, it’s really getting quite embarrassing on environmental grounds alone, never mind the superfluous consumption.

advertisement

Back