advertisement

Amazon Black Friday 2021

As well as discounting Fire Sticks for Black Friday, Amazon is also giving 20% off when you trade in an old Fire Stick. I've got a 1st gen fire Stick that's essentially too slow to be considered fully operational, but trading it in against the 4K Fire Stick for example, brings the final price down to £20, give or take a penny or two. The 20% off offer can be found beneath the Add To Basket button.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08XVVPXX4/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Bosch pillar drill.
This gets mainly good reviews and, importantly for me, it's portable. Need to drill and tap some heatsinks soon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00766C1A8/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21
Is that a decent-for-the-money one? I could do with a pillar drill, but for very limited and basic use. The sub £120 ones seem to get mixed reviews but might be fine for me although I'm loathe to get anything too cheap as we all know the expression about buying cheap..

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
I just ordered a new kitchen radio (aka System 2), as my 10 year old Pure One Elite is getting very sticky (as they all do) on the black rubbery finish.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B075TKKXB5/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21
Considered a Roberts Stream 94, but with bluetooth, I can do that from my phone anyway, and the white suits the kitchen better. £25 or so off, so not bad.
(I know I have had the old radio for 10 years, as I got it for my 50th.....guess how old I am tomorrow?)

Is that a decent-for-the-money one? I could do with a pillar drill, but for very limited and basic use. The sub £120 ones seem to get mixed reviews but might be fine for me although I'm loathe to get anything too cheap as we all know the expression about buying cheap..
I suggest that you look at a few YouTube reviews to decide. For me, the advantages over some of the cheaper ones:
1. Portable and lighter
2. Electronic speed control (no belts to move around)
3. Electronic depth gauge

I just ordered a new kitchen radio (aka System 2), as my 10 year old Pure One Elite is getting very sticky (as they all do) on the black rubbery finish.
You could have saved yourself even more by buying some ‘Sticky Stuff Remover’, made by De-Solv-It. We’ve had a few things go sticky like that, including parts of a small case and an inexpensive pair of binoculars. Drop of Sticky Stuff Remover and a little elbow grease and you’re sorted.

Mick

You can't undercut amazon's price if you sell direct and by 3rd party on amazon, the contract includes a clause where you have to rebate them the difference

I suggest that you look at a few YouTube reviews to decide. For me, the advantages over some of the cheaper ones:
1. Portable and lighter

It looks to have a number of nice features but on a cusory look at the spec I didn`t see the throat depth and it looks limited.

Not that I`m in the market as I have a couple of nice Meddings, one floor standing and one bench mounting, or I will have when my new garage is built and I have somewhere to put them.

1. Portable and lighter
Thanks - that's just what I've been doing and I'm sold. I've got one in my basket.

You could have saved yourself even more by buying some ‘Sticky Stuff Remover’, made by De-Solv-It. We’ve had a few things go sticky like that, including parts of a small case and an inexpensive pair of binoculars. Drop of Sticky Stuff Remover and a little elbow grease and you’re sorted.

Mick
Some 'soft touch' plastics go sticky because stuff leaches out. We have a JLP kitchen radio, and a couple of remotes, that have had this happen. A paste made of bicarbonate of soda, rubbed over the surface, seems to be quite effective.

As well as discounting Fire Sticks for Black Friday, Amazon is also giving 20% off when you trade in an old Fire Stick. I've got a 1st gen fire Stick that's essentially too slow to be considered fully operational, but trading it in against the 4K Fire Stick for example, brings the final price down to £20, give or take a penny or two. The 20% off offer can be found beneath the Add To Basket button.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08XVVPXX4/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

It turns out you need to send in your old device for appraisal before the 20% discount promotion off a new Fire Stick can be applied. Bummer, because by the time they receive mine, appraise it and apply 20% off, the price of the Fire Sticks will have gone back up. I wish I'd bottomed that out at the start of the week. Damn.

EDIT: I'm gonna go through the trade-in process anyway and see if I can't snag the 4k Max one at the same price around Christmas time, but with the extra 20% off.

advertisement

Back