advertisement

Crap Christmas presents that bring joy

GruntPuppy

pfm Member
I'm lucky in that the people who buy me presents are smart enough to give me what I want (more particularly need) rather than what they think I should have...

So my Crap presents of joy this year are:

VPPicture_396ddbe5-0448-4f3f-bb71-1f30bdc33b2c.jpg

an 80kg capacity collapsible sack truck so I can use my old depsack to fetch shopping from the nearby supermarkets with much reduced difficulty, and a pair of new patrol boots, because I've worn the last pair out walking the hellhound and the ankle support from a boot is rather useful.

What wierd crap are you dudes asking for this year (I should warn, I've taken to using bronouns, which are non-denominational; several of my younger friends are trans, and it saves me having to remember who's what, especially useful when the brain fog hits!)

We don't ask for anything - neither of us particularly like Xmas, and we don't see it as an excuse for gift buying. We buy gifts for each other throughout the year.

we do have a recent tradition (5 years now) of acquiring (one per year) a beautiful hand blown glass bauble from glass makers we carefully research. This year it'll be Bristol Blue Glass.

Nowt.
We traditionally bought a few days away to see some opera in Europe as a treat but the last two years shit show has put a temporary end to it.
Neither of us need any more “things”.
We spend the money on the grown up kids.

We don't ask for anything - neither of us particularly like Xmas, and we don't see it as an excuse for gift buying. We buy gifts for each other throughout the year.

we do have a recent tradition (5 years now) of acquiring (one per year) a beautiful hand blown glass bauble from glass makers we carefully research. This year it'll be Bristol Blue Glass.

That actually sounds rather lovely. Do you put these on a tree?

I have to admit, I'm tempted to start myself off in Lego investing - I'm thinking if I can buy one decent set a month with the plan of selling off after a year or two, hopefully it will bear fruit.

I have to admit, I'm tempted to start myself off in Lego investing - I'm thinking if I can buy one decent set a month with the plan of selling off after a year or two, hopefully it will bear fruit.

Gives you something to play with when everyone else is watching the Queen too.

Gives you something to play with when everyone else is watching the Queen too.

you mean it would give me a box to stare at, wistfully? As christmas presents to self, boxes that are never going to be opened are bit sucky - but it's the thought of having a side hobby that will build up to make steady money appeals.

Last edited:
I live in Bristol. They used to (and probably still do) open days where you can see and help to make your own blown glass items. You should get your Christmas bauble, but by your own hands.

A great and fun day. Plus Bristol is awesome

Specifically asked for nothing again as per usual.

The Wife might see some handmade jewellery that she likes, or have something made, which I will end up paying for.

My wife gets me Lego every year :D I've a bit too much though now and TBH it's done nothing but gather dust in the loft this year...

We love Christmas; but don't really 'do' gifts between us TBH. She does sometimes get me Lego (as mentioned above) and I'll pick her some jewellery up etc (I've been getting her Tiffany stuff for a while now)

But this year we've said no gifts as my business has had a shit year and there's no need to spend the £££ TBH

But we are getting each other 'interesting pickles & condiments' as stocking fillers ;) :D

We love Christmas; but don't really 'do' gifts between us TBH. She does sometimes get me Lego (as mentioned above) and I'll pick her some jewellery up etc (I've been getting her Tiffany stuff for a while now)

But this year we've said no gifts as my business has had a shit year and there's no need to spend the £££ TBH

But we are getting each other 'interesting pickles & condiments' as stocking fillers ;) :D

Hopefully things will pick up soon - i rather like the idea of interesting pickles and condiments as a stocking filler, and am put in mind of the flavoured cheeses that Morrisons are selling too - a christmas cake Wensleydale springs to mind immediately as something I might buy as a little extra present for one of my parents.

advertisement

Back