advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson II

Status
Not open for further replies.
At first I found it surprising that his employer would print such an article, that some of their readers might have been to jollies where he'd pulled the same stunt. Then I realised, it doesn't matter to that demographic, Boris is in post solely to facilitate theft.

No.10 spokesperson today:

“Boris Johnson is physically well and has a full grasp on the prime ministership, Downing Street has said following his rambling speech to business leaders on Monday in which he lost his place for about 20 seconds”.

Oleaginous opportunist Raab, ever so ‘umble:

Dominic Raab insists Boris Johnson is not losing grip and praises ‘great team’
https://www.theguardian.com/politic...and-praises-great-team?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
He said the prime minister was “focused on the job at hand”, and was an “ebullient, bouncy, optimistic, Tiggerish character and he livens up his speeches in a way that few politicians past and present have done, but actually there is a steeliness to him as a prime minister and indeed his team, and we work as a team.”

…chief among ‘the great team’ of course is Raab, waiting at the front of the queue ready for the call to greatness.
It’s going to be a very dirty fight among the Britannia Unchained crew and other greasy pole climbers to emerge from the woodwork when the 1922 Committee calls time on the entertainer they call Boris.

According to Raab, Johnson is an "“ebullient, bouncy, optimistic, Tiggerish character". It's been a while since I last read Winnie The Pooh (to my children), but I don't remember Tigger being a lazy, unprincipled, venal, libidinous, dishonest fat chancer.

You'd certainly never catch Tigger cleaning his cock on your curtains before shafting your pet pig!

Yet another gem from the Times

methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2F72a44b86-4d63-11ec-9bc6-5abf98655bc4.jpg

Executive of the 1922 committee mentioned on the news just now as having held a meeting with Johnson following reported receipt of several letters of no confidence in him as PM.

Seems we may be starting to approach a crunch - I suspect there may be either a dramatic assertion of authority or a more noticeable beginning of the end (or both) before long.

Interesting, because it is generally taken to be true that the middle of a national crisis (such as a war, pandemic, or similar) is not the time for a change of leadership. Perhaps the view is being taken that as 'leadership' is not much in evidence, a change at the top won't distract from the job at hand in the way it might otherwise do.

Interesting, because it is generally taken to be true that the middle of a national crisis (such as a war, pandemic, or similar) is not the time for a change of leadership. Perhaps the view is being taken that as 'leadership' is not much in evidence, a change at the top won't distract from the job at hand in the way it might otherwise do.

Possibly so, though I find it hard not to think that the letters were from the ‘ultra’ end of of the spectrum, and really there’s never a bad time to complain that the government isn’t being discriminatory and cruel enough.

I`m not so sure - remember what Ian Hislop said :-

"Boris Johnson, people always ask me the same question, they say, 'Is Boris a very very clever man pretending to be an idiot?' And I always say, 'No.'"

He's certainly not the great intellect he believes himself to be. A salutary example of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

He's certainly not the great intellect he believes himself to be. A salutary example of the Dunning-Kruger effect.

I know these Oxford classics types, I taught Philosophy to them, I studied at classes alongside them, some of my own teachers and colleagues had read Greats. I was there when BJ was there in fact. They are very clever intellectually: diligent, articulate, industrious, critical, constructive and imaginative. You don't get a scholarship to Balliol without being very good, and you don't get through the four year honours course without being very good. The competition is enormous and the standard is high.

I know these Oxford classics types, I taught Philosophy to them, I studied at classes alongside them, some of my own teachers and colleagues had read Greats. I was there when BJ was there in fact. They are very clever intellectually: diligent, articulate, industrious, critical, constructive and imaginative. You don't get a scholarship to Balliol without being very good, and you don't get through the four year honours course without being very good. The competition is enormous and the standard is high.
So how did a thick batshit nonentity do it? Ah a master conman and compulsive liar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back