advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson II

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s a word in Yiddish for BJ’s style - chutzpah.

(I was very impressed by a comment reported in today’s Covid guardian stuff today, where he said “We must all be humble in the face of nature” - because it shows that we have a prime minister with a grasp of Kant’s concept of the sublime.)

The NHS and Social Care Bill, I expect. Debated in the HoC today.

I’m pleased to see some ‘red wall’ Tories have grasped Sunak is as ever ring-fencing the rich whilst forcing those with low-value houses and low savings reserves up north to give up the vast majority of their limited wealth. Another entirely regressive Tory policy that needs the brightest spotlight shining on it. Hopefully it will bring some division in the ranks (I’m watching Youtube guitar nerdery right now, so no idea what is happening in the HoC).

I’m pleased to see some ‘red wall’ Tories have grasped Sunak is as ever ring-fencing the rich whilst forcing those with low-value houses and low savings reserves up north to give up the vast majority of their limited wealth. Another entirely regressive Tory policy that needs the brightest spotlight shining on it. Hopefully it will bring some division in the ranks (I’m watching Youtube guitar nerdery right now, so no idea what is happening in the HoC).

I'm coming to the conclusion that a lot of these new Tory MPs have very little understanding of what the Tory party is all about.

I think the most apposite is schlemiel.
What’s the difference between a schlemiel, a schlimazel and a schmuck? I once heard in the States that in a restaurant the schmuck elbows the schlemiel who tips the soup over the schlimazel. Not sure if its accurate.

Just watched the paper shuffling episode on C4 News- toe curling for even a conference platform junior newbie but a Prime Minister?

The journalistic (and I use the word loosely) equivalent of a nasal polyp, Fraser Nelson of the Tory house pamphlet was asked on C4 News if now was the time for the party to poleaxe Johnson. Not just yet he announced, ie his boss Aidan Barclay is giving a warning but not a final one. Interestingly Nelson looked strung out- sweating and the mouth curled more than usual, going out of his way to say Starmer was the Tory party’s greatest asset. They’re rattled and it shows. Most enjoyable.

The journalistic (and I use the word loosely) equivalent of a nasal polyp, Fraser Nelson of the Tory house pamphlet was asked on C4 News if now was the time for the party to poleaxe Johnson. Not just yet he announced, ie his boss Aidan Barclay is giving a warning but not a final one. Interestingly Nelson looked strung out- sweating and the mouth curled more than usual, going out of his way to say Starmer was the Tory party’s greatest asset. They’re rattled and it shows. Most enjoyable.
Yes but Zoe Williams came across as the archetypal Guardian journo, so didn’t really land a punch. Johnson will go down when his oligarchs decide they have no further use for him.

Soon will come the inevitable litter of piglets....he has form.

“Can you draw me a picture of the man who did the bad thing to you?”

08607e8797caecd40c03b20396aa088625d4b0a1.jpeg

I'm coming to the conclusion that a lot of these new Tory MPs have very little understanding of what the Tory party is all about.

They knew enough to opportunistically stand on a Tory Platform. So, AFAIAC, they either suck it, their expenses etc up.. or they grow a pair , cross the floor and get the useless tosser and his cronies out.

Democracy is at stake here.

Yes but Zoe Williams came across as the archetypal Guardian journo, so didn’t really land a punch. Johnson will go down when his oligarchs decide they have no further use for him.
The interesting question is not if but how soon they will get rid of him,
1 month
3months
6months?
I imagine once the decision is made, things will move very swiftly. If it has already been made, the party might be having itself a Rishi little Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back