advertisement

Gas and Electricity Prices

I don't hold a candle for Bulb because they get on my wick, Phil. I read financial news on Saturday that they're likely to go into 'measures' this week. Problem is, being the 7th biggest supplier, there are simply too many customers to farm out to others (not that they want them). Problem for government and all of us really; guess there'll need to be some gov't financial input here, despite their previous refusals to do so.

:D:D

(agreed, getting very messy now)

The whole thing just looks like a total mess. I’m a long-standing Octopus customer on their variable tariff, I’ve been there since COOP merged ages ago. I assume their being forced to take customers on from failed companies will actually drive my prices up too. I’m currently protected by the caps, but that’s all, and I assume the Tories will relax those just to keep the really big energy companies afloat. I don’t understand the whole thing to be honest.

The whole thing just looks like a total mess. I’m a long-standing Octopus customer on their variable tariff, I’ve been there since COOP merged ages ago. I assume their being forced to take customers on from failed companies will actually drive my prices up too. I’m currently protected by the caps, but that’s all, and I assume the Tories will relax those just to keep the really big energy companies afloat. I don’t understand the whole thing to be honest.
I'm rather hoping they might do as they have done with other failed enterprises like the East Coast Main Line, and take them back into public ownership as the price of the bailout.

I'm rather hoping they might do as they have done with other failed enterprises like the East Coast Main Line, and take them back into public ownership as the price of the bailout.

Is there much worth owning though? I thought most of these businesses just relied on buying short term energy contracts from providers and selling longer term ones to customers - and hoping that the prices would go in their favour.

So Bulb are in too deep. That's Dafft. And knowing this Narcissistic government, any help will be Tulip'll too late. Prices have been Hyacinth late summer, they've just Frittilaria'd away any time for action.

Oh dear! You do know your onions, then; very good. To think that I used to be a lonely punner on here. Good company though.:)

Bulb versus Octopus in the personal service, meter reading and account statement areas is no contest. Chalk and cheese. I wonder if Bulb will be screwed or bayonetted. Regardless, I won't have a fit about it, let alone become incandescent.

I was a PFP customer and allowed them to persuade me to let British Gas take over my account. I have just received my first bill from British Gas but still have not been reimbursed by PFP, nor has my due refund been transferred to British Gas despite protracted phone calls and emails. Anyone else in this predicament? Any incites into PFP wound be gratefully received.

Brian S

I gather they're being put into administration and run (?) by the government as a nationalised industry until a buyer/buyers can be found. This has been rumbling on for some time with Bulb but no-one would step in to pick up the pieces of a pretty hopeless company. It was, I understand, the 7th biggest.

As I'm with Octopus but have had the misfortune to cross swords with Bulb twice in 18 months, I find it hard to believe the difference in service and communication between them; utter chalk and cheese !

Some things should never have been sold off for profit.

I doubt any lessons will be learned. Some will still babble on about improved competition and improved efficiency, etc.

advertisement

Back