advertisement

Christmas Wine II

Status
Not open for further replies.
If it is definitely the same wine I would grab them with both hands. I can’t find them at less than £28 now. At £20 I’d split half a dozen with you, in whatever proportion you fancy.

If you can find it in a Majestic store I will raise my trilby to you. And ask you which one.

I did snag/bag 3 but that's it .I felt confident knowing that it had the full @Marchbanks imprimatur.

I did snag/bag 3 but that's it .I felt confident knowing that it had the full @Marchbanks imprimatur.
Well done for finding it at Majestic at all. Unless you live in Skipton. When I rang them last week they said that was the only branch in the country showing stock, but they thought it was probably an error.

still some space

20211122-122021.jpg

trying to yield some space downstairs by reducing the gin bottle count from its current 72 bottles to about half that.

I can’t see any reference to the vintage - have they hidden it somewhere? Whatever it is, that looks like a good buy. The labelling is subtly different - the bottle they show is the same as the original one that I had. But as I said there, I’m pretty sure they are the same. If you want to order half a dozen I’ll take three, or five if you don’t like it. How’s that? In fact, I’ll extend the same offer to the matching label Cabernet Franc at the same price. I’d like to try that, and it would cut down on the postage cost per bottle.

I’m curious about the merchant, though - search for ‘Ministry Of Drinks’ and compare addresses and prices for the same bottles!

It has been dispatched.

It has been dispatched.
Ooh! Just the Malbec, or the CF too? I’ll be making my regular pilgrimage to see the glories of the M25 on Dec 18, so if you’ve had a chance to taste by then perhaps we can meet and you can offload what I want/whatever you don’t.

Oh my god, shit, someone just gave up their seat for me on the tube.
Fortunately I don’t have to do the tube, but my equivalent is checkout ladies offering to help me find the right amount of coins while I’m searching through my pockets to find my specs (which are most likely dangling round my neck.) Bonus points for me if they call me ‘dear’. It’s great, embrace it. As long as you don’t feel old, why give a toss?

why not you - and you can report back with words of wisdom

I was very impressed by Whole Foods Market in Fulham today -- good wine and good food. I found a British coeur de boeuf tomato which was edible, some delicious ripe Concorde pears and some organic risotto rice at a price comparable to the web, maybe cheaper.

Dinner on Monday was the full Argentinean parrilla of chorizo, morcilla, provoleta de cabra, followed by ojo de bife and asado de tira. All accompanied by an avocado and tomato salad. Wine was a pink fizz on arrival (didn’t catch the name, but perfectly acceptable), and a Familia Zuccardi Serie A Malbec. This last can only be described as purple. In the glass, on the nose, and in taste. Not a fruit bomb, but perfectly rounded and formed, with only a touch of acidity to balance the fattiness of the asado de tira.
Context is everything, and this was a blissful evening at a table on the pavement outside Don Julio in Buenos Aires. I doubt the same ingredients would have rated the same at a steakhouse in Hertfordshire on the same day.
Might well be Cabaña Las Lilas tonight…

Dinner on Monday was the full Argentinean parrilla of chorizo, morcilla, provoleta de cabra, followed by ojo de bife and asado de tira. All accompanied by an avocado and tomato salad. Wine was a pink fizz on arrival (didn’t catch the name, but perfectly acceptable), and a Familia Zuccardi Serie A Malbec. This last can only be described as purple. In the glass, on the nose, and in taste. Not a fruit bomb, but perfectly rounded and formed, with only a touch of acidity to balance the fattiness of the asado de tira.
Context is everything, and this was a blissful evening at a table on the pavement outside Don Julio in Buenos Aires. I doubt the same ingredients would have rated the same at a steakhouse in Hertfordshire on the same day.
Might well be Cabaña Las Lilas tonight…

Brilliant.
One of us is a jammy ba*tard.

Cant wait to try the Vik.

I haven't seen sekt for years. I used to work for Kupferberg in Mainz when I were a lad, famous for their brand Kupferberg Gold.

I suspect its fallen out of fashion. It certainly has here.

Cremant d'Alsace can be found. Don't ask me how I know. But I recommend Domaine Bruno Sorg.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back