advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay in the same way Salah is condemned for diving can we now see v the same for Sterling . Not even touched and goes down then carries on pretending he has been caught . Presume this will be deemed clever play as he is a city player . Nice to see Arteta has learned some thing under Pep he has his team either kicking the ball away or picking it up when opposition gets a foul so they can not take a free kick no doubt this is clever play as well rather than cheating.

I still don't understand how VAR is being used in the PL.
It's absolutely clear when they finally show the correct angle that there is no contact whatsoever on Sterling yet the ref still goes to the pitchside monitor to look at it?
Furthermore why isn't Sterling booked - it's blatant simulation?

Picknose. :D:D:D Great effort, gets a touch with the wrong hand but go for it with the right hand and he may have got there. Then he rants at the defenders.
A lot of keepers seem to adopt this technique - bizarre!
Two superb goals from City though - defo the best team in the league.

Okay, as a MU fan from Dublin Ireland.

I’m sorry for Ole. He has certainly done MU some service but ultimately has not been able to take the next step.

I think the statements from the “board / owners” and Ole himself have been edifying.

“leaving through the front door” and fair play to him, he detoxified MU after Mourinho.

Alas he did not seem tactically to be able to handle the squad he assembled (or had assembled for him).

Ultimately I think his downfall was depending too much on his experienced players. I think if Brandon W and Axel T were still at MU they would have taken their chances as Maguire and Shaw seemed to be caught in a Doctor Who 30 ms time delay.

Anyway, thanks Ole.
Michael, make a call or 2.

Who would be a good caretaker? Ex United seems likely, but who. I’d really like to see Roy Keane let loose in there but I think the Glaziers would be too afraid of this.

What’s Denis Irwin doing these days?

.sjb

Okay in the same way Salah is condemned for diving can we now see v the same for Sterling . Not even touched and goes down then carries on pretending he has been caught . Presume this will be deemed clever play as he is a city player . Nice to see Arteta has learned some thing under Pep he has his team either kicking the ball away or picking it up when opposition gets a foul so they can not take a free kick no doubt this is clever play as well rather than cheating.

I didn't think it was a penalty: I couldn't see contact and I thought it was outside the box. For me, he dived, and I would be happy with a booking: cheating is cheating.
Salah is a repeat offender and there is no justification. Why Liverpool fans try to defend him is embarrassing, to be honest, when it is so clear to everyone else that he is a great player AND a cheat. Naturally, because it was Liverpool, the penalties were given; because it was Liverpool, Milner wasn't sent off; because it was Liverpool, there is no evidence to be found; because it was Liverpool, it meant more; the cringe list goes on, and on.

Last edited:
An excellent performance by City and a poor one from Everton. Rodri has been in exceptional form for a good while and his goal was an absolute cracker, so too Bernardo and Cancelo and Walker. Stones is a top-class player and adds so much to the team; he and Dias are the partnership for all the big games, for me. The Sterling goal was a piece of brilliance and it was great to see Palmer starting and McAtee making his PL debut too. You have to be top drawer to break into this squad but these two have a chance, as do a few others, and there is no feeling like one of your own breaking through.

I didn't think it was a penalty: I couldn't see contact and I thought it was outside the box. For me, he dived, and I would be happy with a booking: cheating is cheating.
Salah is a repeat offender and there is no justification. Why Liverpool fans try to defend him is embarrassing, to be honest, when it is so clear to everyone else that he is a great player AND a cheat. Naturally, because it was Liverpool, the penalties were given; because it was Liverpool, Milner wasn't sent off; because it was Liverpool, there is no evidence to be found; because it was Liverpool, it meant more; the cringe list goes on, and on.
I think you need to get over your Liverpool fascination tbh, the discussion was about this weekends games and Sterling's apparent fall to the ground (I didn't watch the game) but you still turn it into an LFC diatribe, grow up fella, its only a game

I think you need to get over your Liverpool fascination tbh, the discussion was about this weekends games and Sterling's apparent fall to the ground (I didn't watch the game) but you still turn it into an LFC diatribe, grow up fella, its only a game
To be honest I'm struggling to find anything in his post that isn't bang on the money.

Please read the post I was responding to.

Okay, as a MU fan from Dublin Ireland.

I’m sorry for Ole. He has certainly done MU some service but ultimately has not been able to take the next step.

I think the statements from the “board / owners” and Ole himself have been edifying.

“leaving through the front door” and fair play to him, he detoxified MU after Mourinho.

Alas he did not seem tactically to be able to handle the squad he assembled (or had assembled for him).

Ultimately I think his downfall was depending too much on his experienced players. I think if Brandon W and Axel T were still at MU they would have taken their chances as Maguire and Shaw seemed to be caught in a Doctor Who 30 ms time delay.

Anyway, thanks Ole.
Michael, make a call or 2.

Who would be a good caretaker? Ex United seems likely, but who. I’d really like to see Roy Keane let loose in there but I think the Glaziers would be too afraid of this.

What’s Denis Irwin doing these days?

.sjb
I don’t feel sorry for any PL manager who gets the sack for being not very at what they are paid shedloads of money to do.

Who is Brandon W, Axel T and Michael?

How about Steve ‘Rafa’ Bruce? He certainly has much more managerial experience than Keane and only needs backing. Tactically he is a genius and the big names will love the time off.

I think Denis Irwin is retired and has been out of the game a long time?

Picknose. :D:D:D Great effort, gets a touch with the wrong hand but go for it with the right hand and he may have got there. Then he rants at the defenders.
Hopefully his time as England's first choice in nets is coming to an end: the young Arsenal keeper is looking like the real deal and kept Saturday's score against Liverpool down to respectability. In contrast to the headless chicken Makkem, Ramsdale goes about organising his defence in a quiet and authoritative way.

And that was not Sterling's first rodeo either I have defended Salah when he has has contact made but not when he does not .I accept the term cheat as given so therefore Sterling is also a chest presume you accept this as well ?

And that was not Sterling's first rodeo either I have defended Salah when he has has contact made but not when he does not .I accept the term cheat as given so therefore Sterling is also a chest presume you accept this as well ?

Of course, yesterday he cheated but it is common knowledge that Salah is embarrassingly prolific in this area. Sterling was, rightly, examined by VAR and the penalty turned away but, unfortunately, Salah, and Liverpool, are consistently rewarded. As you raised the question for City fans to acknowledge what happened, I responded, stating clearly that I would happily have seen him booked. The issue we have is that Liverpool fans repeatedly defend their players and club despite all evidence to the contrary. To be fair to you, you defend your club in such situations far less than others here. Salah has been defended, repeatedly, on these pages, even though it is patently obvious what he is. As for the comments about kicking the ball away, stopping free kicks being taken, referring to learning dark arts from Pep, please just look at your team...come on, there is no defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back