advertisement

Car Youtubers

Made slightly easier with a load of daddie's money no doubt. Like Mr JWW, a lot of them are already rich before they start.

To be fair to him, I think he is basically self-made. His family are certainly not poor but not rich, rich and he made his original money working a job in the City and then with a non-YouTube business he started. His first car was a souped up Cleo IIRC, so prior to YT he was not exactly rolling in it. Mostly his success seems to be down to hard work and having started car youtube very early.

To be fair to him, I think he is basically self-made. His family are certainly not poor but not rich, rich and he made his original money working a job in the City and then with a non-YouTube business he started. His first car was a souped up Cleo IIRC, so prior to YT he was not exactly rolling in it. Mostly his success seems to be down to hard work and having started car youtube very early.

Yes I'll give you that, I guess it doesn't hurt though throwing your eggs into a YT basket knowing you aren't going to be down the food bank if it doesn't take off.

Does anyone watch them?

It seems in UK I keep coming across:

Carwow
Drivetribe
Harrys Garage
Becky Evans
Jayemm

In USA I see one called Ever Day Driver quite often. It loks like a highly polished outfit yet loads of their videos get in the low tens of thousands of views and they only have about 300,000 subscribers. And there are three presenters to pay!

Does anyone know how they make money? It must be more than just the views and subscribers (leading to more ads and sponsors) but they all seem obsessed with getting you to subscribe,making me think maybe that is where the money is. People like Jayemm never seem to get more than 100,000 views per video, which is nowt really. And he seems to have Ferraris, Loti and Porsches coming out of his ears.

I realise Harry Metcalfe and Jay Leno are already loaded and I think Becky Evans presents on a 'proper' TV show somewhere now. But as for a lot of others...are they actually making money from their channels?

I can't watch Jayemm. C*ck.

Fair play to him, he's turned dreaming about owning exotic cars into a way to get people who dream about owning exotic cars into buying him exotic cars.

Cannot stand Shmee, stupid name and a very affected manner to me, soooo pleased with himself, anything he is on is a switch off for me.

Number 27 is watchable, initially not convinced but have watched most of his recent stuff so I guess I do like it.

Cannot stand Shmee, stupid name and a very affected manner to me, soooo pleased with himself, anything he is on is a switch off for me.

To be clear he is very dull and I blocked his channel ages ago. Indeed I finally seem to have trained the youtube algorithm off car content altogether. Now it's mostly shoe repairs and Finnish nutters camping in the forest in winter with only a pocket knife and a tarpaulin :)

Made slightly easier with a load of daddie's money no doubt. Like Mr JWW, a lot of them are already rich before they start.

I'm quite liking AutotopiaLA at the minute, they're having a run of stunning cars on of late.
This is what I think. They are just messing about on YouTube. Sort of ****ing their egos off. Jayemm possibly being the best example. No way he makes enough YouTube cash to buy all the cars he buys. But he never lets on that he makes cash elsewhere like others do

I feel the same way, cannot stand him. Thankfully he doesn’t appear on my YouTube feed any longer I guess because I haven’t mentioned him. Aw bu..er , he’s going to appear again now isn’t he!:mad:

Forgot Jonny Smith/The Late Brake Show. A great mix of old barn finds, new Evs, new ICE stuff etc. plus he knows how to present.

To be clear he is very dull and I blocked his channel ages ago. Indeed I finally seem to have trained the youtube algorithm off car content altogether. Now it's mostly shoe repairs and Finnish nutters camping in the forest in winter with only a pocket knife and a tarpaulin :)

Although I don't mind him, I thought Shmee is of the Burton family (as in Burtons' clothing chain before they were bought out)?

Quite like samcrac, keep an eye on Soup Classic Motoring for the Esprit. Vice Grip/Iron Trap Garages when the subject matter is intriguing.

Savagegeese are good. US centric but when on form with interesting cars are hard to beat.

Did a great multi part series on MX5.

For me the only ones that have stuck around are

South Main Auto
Car Wow
Car Wizard
Hoovies Garage
Samcrac
Italia Autos ( perfect cure for when I have the urge to buy another Alfa)
Missindon Flyer
Railman Ray’s Repairs.

There are quite a few others that have quickly been deleted / unsubscribed that really started to piss me off!
Same list as me largely, the owner Italia Auto’s is a friend of a friend, fairly local to me, nice guy and would be my go to if I bought anything Italian, knows his stuff, down to earth and won’t rip you off.

advertisement

Back