advertisement

Using Supplied RCA Cable with Bluesound Node?

Subito

pfm Member
I finally caved and bought the third-gen Bluesound Node, just hooked it up last week. I was immediately impressed with the sound quality of the analog output running into my Rega io. But I figured the weedy RCA cable supplied by Bluesound was a limiting factor, so I ordered a modestly-priced ($42) Blue Jeans Cable LC-1 interconnect. Yikes, it sounded worse than the cheapo stock cable, making everything sound a bit airless and dark.

Has anyone found the Bluesound-supplied RCA cable to be perfectly fine? Because I’m quite pleased with the sound quality of that setup, but would certainly spend another $50 or so to get a significant improvement.

Are you sure your expectation bias isn’t wired backwards ;-)
Could be! But the Node was the last piece to complete my system, and I WANTED the BJC cable to sound great so I could be finally finished with fiddling. Sadly, no such luck.

I tried some £500 interconnects recently. They sounded significantly worse than the ones I’d bought for £8 from Amazon!

In my experience, there simply are not that many interconnects worth spending money on, and those that are will likely cost more than the BlueSound itself. Maybe Mogami for decent quality, and not too much money, but there is no absolute to say what you might prefer. I imagine there are fans of the exact BJC IC you bought.

If you don’t have a problem with the freebie, and don’t want to get sucked into a world of upgrades, maybe just be happy with that. Easier said than done though.

Well, I surrendered to the upgrade disease by ordering a pair of Snake Oil Krait interconnects, 2 feet long and only $25/pair. Whether or not they’ll sound better than the freebies remains to be seen, but I do like the idea of supporting Snake Oil (they supply Schiit with some of their PYST interconnects) and affordable made-in-America products.

advertisement

Back