advertisement

Your YouTube Adventures

Many of you guys will know Harry's Garage and this series on the Lancia Zagato 1600 is really good, but this episode highlighting the craftsmanship of the panel beater/fitter is just wonderful. I think he's back from retirement doing a couple of days a week - these trades and the sublime skills have nearly all gone, it's a crying shame.

D Double E up for a MOBO

M1llionz up for a MOBO

Why do I get the feeling I've just heard the same song three times in a row? Regardless, watching these vids makes me see why reaction videos of young people reacting to classic hits from the other side of the millennium are a thing. I'll be lucky to still be alive in 50 years' time but I'll take my Gen X life every time over youth and modern culture and music!

Guitarist Rob Scallon learns about modular synths. Possibly less useful for people who already know what VCOs are but I learnt a lot watching Rob learn how they work. Also much to drool over for unreconstructed synth geeks.

Christian Henson of Spitfire Audio showing off his new idea for a sample library, A record breaking wall of sound comprised of 56 guitar amps, 4 subs on 4 levels of rigging, with sources from an unbelievable selection of vintage synths, drum machines, eurorack and guitars, all captured in the rarified space of AIR Lyndhurst Hall. The sound of this library is truly one-of-a-kind.

https://www.spitfireaudio.com/

advertisement

Back