advertisement

A thread to catalogue the eloquence, dignity, diplomacy and wisdom of Boris Johnson II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDecameron

Unicorns fart glitter.
Callaghan ‘left-wing’? Oh my aching sides!
I attended a meeting in the boardroom of an NHS hospital about 8 years ago. On the wall was a letter from Gentleman Jim and the wife under a photo of them meeting the director at the opening back in the late 70s , thanking the chap for sending the photo and saying how much the pic would remind them of a most enjoyable visit.

A glimpse inside how his mind works and a rare moment of honesty. I wonder if this is regular conversation in Number 10? Perhaps a frequent suggestion when they discuss how to reduce the number of people in poverty?

I don't think old Bertie Booster is going to like COP 26 much and he's an irrelevent court jester as far as G7 are concerned.

He's all about over optimistic pledges and misleading commitments that he then won't be around for, not having homework marked or being held to account on fresh oil production. Having the UK's part of the Paris homework marked is likely to feature strongly, he won't enjoy that and blustering away at new promises as if old ones don't exist is unlikely to cut it as easily there as it does here.

No problem saying anything and lying through his teeth.
He'll be in the Lords or overseas before the majority catch on, if they ever do

Welcome back Rob Roberts MP can rejoin the party after sexually harassing staffer.
"The independent report found that Roberts had accepted that “aspects of his behaviour” towards the staff member were “inappropriate,” and had offered to apologise – but he “rejected the categorisation of his conduct as ‘sexual’, preferring the term ‘romantic’”.

Subsequent attempts to persuade the staff member to go for a drink with him “amounted to no more than an attempt to reset their professional working relationship”, the MP claimed."

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...rejoin-party-after-sexually-harassing-staffer

Welcome back Rob Roberts MP can rejoin the party after sexually harassing staffer.
"The independent report found that Roberts had accepted that “aspects of his behaviour” towards the staff member were “inappropriate,” and had offered to apologise – but he “rejected the categorisation of his conduct as ‘sexual’, preferring the term ‘romantic’”.

Subsequent attempts to persuade the staff member to go for a drink with him “amounted to no more than an attempt to reset their professional working relationship”, the MP claimed."

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...rejoin-party-after-sexually-harassing-staffer
I’m fascinated by the Conservative hierarchy’s attitude to Private Francois. No further action from the CPS, yet the gob on two legs has been airbrushed out of the picture. I know he’s a thick little xenophobe but when was that ever a barrier to getting ahead as a Tory?What gives?

COP26: the world’s a stage and here’s the British Prime Minister on it.

2KCDZTD.jpg

The Grifter is in over his head.

He’s looking and thinking “Britain Trump” and recalling former Conservative Party leader IDS’s appreciation: “We don’t need lectures on the Northern Ireland peace deal from Mr Biden. If I were him I would worry more about the need for a peace deal in the US to stop the killing and rioting before lecturing other sovereign nations.”

I don't think he'll be asking Caroline Lucas for a reference anytime soon. https://www.theguardian.com/environ...d-cop26-boris-johnson-is-an-absolute-disaster
It was the same with other green initiatives. “It feels like you cannot underestimate this government’s ability to balls up good ideas,” says Lucas.

About Boris Johnson, she is scathing. “He’s an absolute disaster as a prime minister. He doesn’t do what is right, he does what he thinks is popular.” On the Covid-19 crisis, “It has been so apparent that he waits until the last moment to act. He is utterly indecisive, doesn’t want to be unpopular and doesn’t want to take leadership. And, as a result, Britain has had one of the worst total death rates in the western world.”

It also makes Johnson, Lucas believes, “uniquely ill-equipped to deal with a crisis like climate change, where you need public trust. At a time of crisis, whether that’s Covid or climate, you need leaders who have integrity, consistency and courage. And those are three words I would not associate with Boris Johnson.”

Looks like the Tories are about to ring-fence crooked corporate lobbyist/“MP” Owen Patterson. It is clear Tory sleaze and criminality has been back for a long time now and is ramping up with each administration. The crooked C19 contracts for donors proved that beyond doubt and to the tune of £bns of our money. This again indicates they are quite prepared to ignore or rewrite the law, Parliamentary Standards in this case, in order to keep their thieving hypocritical faces firmly in the feeding trough. Pure Trump-grade contempt for democracy and the rule of law.

It's all about "taking back control". Meanwhile, they're now applying it to the Ofcom job for Dacre, apparently. https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/nov/03/paul-dacre-departs-from-daily-mail-after-42-years
Dacre, who earned £2.7m in his final year as Daily Mail editor, is still the favourite to be appointed as chair of Ofcom, with the government re-running the appointment process for his benefit. The new job advert has been rewritten to favour a more confrontational candidate after Dacre was judged not to have met the original criteria during his first application.

If he is successful on the second attempt, he will help steer policy on issues from regulation of social media platforms such as Facebook, complaints about television news and oversight of postal services.

Looks like the Tories are about to ring-fence crooked corporate lobbyist/“MP” Owen Patterson. It is clear Tory sleaze and criminality has been back for a long time now and is ramping up with each administration. The crooked C19 contracts for donors proved that beyond doubt and to the tune of £bns of our money. This again indicates they are quite prepared to ignore or rewrite the law, Parliamentary Standards in this case, in order to keep their thieving hypocritical faces firmly in the feeding trough. Pure Trump-grade contempt for democracy and the rule of law.
Exactly the tactics of their cousins in the GOP- never apologise, go on the offensive. Patterson was caught bang to rights with his hand in the till and instead of upholding Parliamentary standards, they are providing covering fire for him. Same when they tried to covertly influence the judge in the trial of a convicted sex offender, one of their own, Charles Elphicke MP.
Corruption is endemic in the Tory Party and the fish is rotting from the head.

Yeah, couldn't believe the open barefaced endorsment of grifting this will be when I heard it on R4 this am.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back