advertisement

Amazing Spaghetti Carbonara!

Yes, but Sicilians usually claim they know everything. Besides, as you say they were arguing and laughing about what is right and wrong, so not really dogmatic.
My experience of Calabrian men is that when it comes to food there are 2 ways to cook every dish. Firstly, exactly as Mamma makes it, and secondly, wrong.

There are men who have been married for many years who are prepared to accept that their wife's take on a dish is acceptable, even if it is clearly inferior to La ricetta della Mamma.

I’ve not tried curing without nitrates or nitrites. I decided that they are in such tiny amounts that I’ll take the risk. I also wash after curing to remove any remaining.
It took about e for the cheeks to lose 30% in my shed. This is Northumberland so the temperature ranged from about 4 to 16 C. And the humidity was about 65%.
Thanks Spike. As for duration, is that number e weeks or months?

My experience of Calabrian men is that when it comes to food there are 2 ways to cook every dish. Firstly, exactly as Mamma makes it, and secondly, wrong.

There are men who have been married for many years who are prepared to accept that their wife's take on a dish is acceptable, even if it is clearly inferior to La ricetta della Mamma.

Sicilians definitely more flexible than Calabrians. And Calabrian women are very different from Calabrian men. But I must stop there for fear of being struck off for racism.

advertisement

Back