advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure City were ever really in for him but if he'd gone there he'd have ended up warming the bench which is exactly what he should be doing at Old Trafford.
The fact that OGS didn't even take him off after Pogba was red carded spoke volumes.

I hope you're right but I've got a gut feeling it's a score draw waiting to happen.
We've got no fit strikers for a start.:mad:
We have 2 that aren’t bad, however, I’ll raise you Newcastle having no PL midfielders, a Div 2 level player at RB, 2 better CBs on the bench than in the team and a Sunday league, supposed midfielder doing something or other at LB with a Div 2 LB on the bench.

I predict at least 0-4 but I reckon a rout worse than the slaughter at Old Trafford the other day is the most likely outcome of this one.

I’m hoping the above is a second example of me being wrong and my utter ignorance of football. :D

The problem is (and it would’ve applied to Messi to a degree too) is the work rate Pep needs from his front 3 to make his system work. Neither of them are young enough to be able to handle the demands. Sure they can finish but the chances are created by the work beforehand in making them.

Pundits saying Pep still needs an out & out striker are correct to a degree but fewer chances would be made in the first place.

I understand where you're coming from. I would expect that Pep had a plan for Ronaldo to play in his formation systems. Otherwise, this might go down as another Alexis Sanchez moment, where despite seemingly losing out, Pep/City come out best.

Cavani must be well cheesed off having committed as Man U asked, only to see Ronaldo come in over him and relegate him to the bench. Will he stick around in the next transfer window? He could come to Newcastle for 6 months ;-)

I thought that City would get a top striker in the summer, but they couldn't get one over the line. They are repeating last season at present, especially with Foden in such good form. He is a class act and so good to watch.

Not sure whether this grave matter was discussed yet.

I think it was a huge mistake of Klopp to remove his glasses. From a handsome, half beastly-half intellectual man he became a strange homeless with an unfocussed gaze in his eyes. Freaks me out and I'm a LFC fan.

I understand where you're coming from. I would expect that Pep had a plan for Ronaldo to play in his formation systems. Otherwise, this might go down as another Alexis Sanchez moment, where despite seemingly losing out, Pep/City come out best.

Cavani must be well cheesed off having committed as Man U asked, only to see Ronaldo come in over him and relegate him to the bench. Will he stick around in the next transfer window? He could come to Newcastle for 6 months ;-)

I thought that City would get a top striker in the summer, but they couldn't get one over the line. They are repeating last season at present, especially with Foden in such good form. He is a class act and so good to watch.
I suspect that Ronald’s agent flirted with us just to get a better deal from Man United.

I know it was just offside but his non goal on Sunday was a stunning finish. Pep might’ve just wanted to use him late on in games when the hard working front 3 just aren’t able to break down a stubborn defence or haven’t put away the chances they create. It’s happened before and cost us points and definitely a CL Trophy against those cloggers from London. ;)

I don’t think Ronaldo will look back on his career with many regrets. He’ll still end up having a decent season at MUFC & anything can happen.

If he wanted to go to City he would have done so. Water under the bridge etc.

Newcastle having no PL midfielders, a Div 2 level player at RB…….and a Sunday league, supposed midfielder doing something or other at LB with a Div 2 LB on the bench.

Blimey, it sounds like Halal the Lads are already fully suited to life in the lower leagues.

I think it was a huge mistake of Klopp to remove his glasses.

I’ve almost got used to seeing those little unframed eyes now.

I’m sure Klopp said a few weeks ago that his glasses were no longer able to correct his bad eyesight... or perhaps he’d finally had enough of being trolled by fitness coach Andreas Kornmayer...

klopp-kornmayer-640x360.jpg

Ronaldo is a terrific player. For now.

He does what he does better than anyone else with the possible exception of Messi. As he gets older what he doesn't do will become more obvious. Defending from the front is not a concept Ronaldo understands.

Man U are simply not equipped to manage the holes that Ronaldo leaves

Ronaldo is a terrific player. For now.

He does what he does better than anyone else with the possible exception of Messi. As he gets older what he doesn't do will become more obvious. Defending from the front is not a concept Ronaldo understands.

Man U are simply not equipped to manage the holes that Ronaldo leaves

Perfectly put.

I don’t think Ronaldo will look back on his career with many regrets. He’ll still end up having a decent season at MUFC & anything can happen.

If he wanted to go to City he would have done so. Water under the bridge etc.

With a net worth of half a billion dollars I'm guessing he is well chuffed.

Bruno Fernandes is the only Man United player who has more goals at Old Trafford than Mo Salah in 2021. :D:D:D

Not sure whether this grave matter was discussed yet.

I think it was a huge mistake of Klopp to remove his glasses. From a handsome, half beastly-half intellectual man he became a strange homeless with an unfocussed gaze in his eyes. Freaks me out and I'm a LFC fan.

I think Oakley have lost millions in sales because of Klopp’s new look…

Ronaldo had more shots on target at Curtis Jones than Alisson’s goal on Sunday though.

He could still score plenty of goals this season, but he’s completely screwed up United’s fast counter-attacking style that had won them plenty of games under Ole.

So who sanctioned the buying of Ronaldo? Guessing Ole didn't have much of a say in things but Ronaldo might be telling his agent that Ole isn't up to the job, then his agent speaks to the club's hierarchy. Agree that Ronaldo simply won't have the energy to trigger or maintain a press at his age but then you see the breakdown by the pundits of how Man Utd don't/can't press as a team anyway so why would he even waste his energy even trying?

So who sanctioned the buying of Ronaldo? Guessing Ole didn't have much of a say in things but Ronaldo might be telling his agent that Ole isn't up to the job, then his agent speaks to the club's hierarchy. Agree that Ronaldo simply won't have the energy to trigger or maintain a press at his age but then you see the breakdown by the pundits of how Man Utd don't/can't press as a team anyway so why would he even waste his energy even trying?
They need to get rid of the boy in that case, they’re well set already for cabbage ball. He’ll do a great job, according to those same pundits he’s a great and experienced manager, experts here reckon he’s as good as Benitez, I anticipate only positive comment from making such a change.

I enjoyed tonight's game. Ake, Stones, Palmer, Fernandinho and Zinchenko all played well but, unfortunately, KDB and Sterling are really, really out of form and it showed. West Ham are very solid defensively and though they created little, they also limited us to few clear chances. Good luck to them as they continue in the cup; I always liked West Ham.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back