advertisement

Coronavirus - the new strain XXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
The booster programme is chaotic. One chap in our street was contacted the day before 6 months and jabbed next day. Others younger than me have been boosted. Older couple contacted GP and got booked in..but not till 3rd Nov. I'm on 182 days and still heard nothing.
Meanwhile govt. is moaning that people are not taking up the offer of the booster. Something doesn't add up.
FYI (which I now see you have seen) at Coronavirus (COVID-19) booster vaccine - NHS (www.nhs.uk):
"If you have not received an invite but it's been 6 months and 1 week (190 days) since your 2nd dose, you can try to book your appointment online without an invite."

I’d personally not try to go early. Go on the 190 days or after as the booster will have a lifespan too and ideally we want it to get us through to spring. I waited for my text to arrive.

Right. Then I assume you are actually entitled to the 'third dose', as opposed to the 'booster', but they are in fact the same vaccine. So.. I believe that entitles you to 'precedence' over folks who are just old :)

I don't know. When I asked the receptionist about it the other week it sounded like it was all the elderly and vulnerable so long as it was six months past their last jab. Or maybe I'm just 'special' ;-)

I don't know. When I asked the receptionist about it the other week it sounded like it was all the elderly and vulnerable so long as it was six months past their last jab. Or maybe I'm just 'special' ;-)

I think it'll be a booster. I'm six months in in a couple of weeks too.

I’d personally not try to go early. Go on the 190 days or after as the booster will have a lifespan too and ideally we want it to get us through to spring. I waited for my text to arrive.

Indeed, but I'm not trying to go early. I'm simply pointing out the inconsistencies and chaos inherent in the 'system'.

Looks like the number of cases is starting to drop. Yes, the weekly average is still slightly up (2.2%), but the shape of the curve does suggest that it has passed its peak.

It seems that the numbers yesterday omitted Wales! They didn't say so at the time.

It seems that the numbers yesterday omitted Wales! They didn't say so at the time.
They are normally good at identifying what has been missed in the data, so that just looks like a missed mistake.

Todays figures look to continue a downward trend in cases, with hospital admissions peaking, but unfortunately the linked rise in number of deaths is now visible.

They are normally good at identifying what has been missed in the data, so that just looks like a missed mistake.

Todays figures look to continue a downward trend in cases, with hospital admissions peaking, but unfortunately the linked rise in number of deaths is now visible.

Seems to be a race between the new English variant and the vaccination programme again.

That should be OK for you as you are able to socially distance most of the time. For some who cannot it might be wise to go asap as protection is dropping after 5/6 months.

After the admirable efficiency of the first two jabs I was surprised at the ramshackle nature of the booster. Our area wasn’t covered at all: the town of Helston and its surrounds as far as the Lizard. Yet 12 miles away there were two vaccine stations within three miles of each other. We were sent to a station that wasn’t doing jabs that day. Bless em, they sorted us out with a station that was another 12 miles away. Our booster wasn’t recorded on our card, just noted on a sheet of paper by the vaccinator. We are fine. Healthy and own transport. But for some in our area that will be far from the case. The gov are surprised at low uptake…..

After the admirable efficiency of the first two jabs I was surprised at the ramshackle nature of the booster. Our area wasn’t covered at all: the town of Helston and its surrounds as far as the Lizard. Yet 12 miles away there were two vaccine stations within three miles of each other. We were sent to a station that wasn’t doing jabs that day. Bless em, they sorted us out with a station that was another 12 miles away. Our booster wasn’t recorded on our card, just noted on a sheet of paper by the vaccinator. We are fine. Healthy and own transport. But for some in our area that will be far from the case. The gov are surprised at low uptake…..

The govt don't give a ....

The govt don't give a ....

I think they do in this case because the vaccination roll-out was their only success. People forget their incompetence in all other areas of the pandemic. Given a mild winter they may get lucky again, but Johnson is a risk taker and he is going to run out of luck eventually. Hopefully sooner rather than later…

I don't really understand why the booster jabs are being administered in less locations. Perhaps because less of the population need them so less resources have been assigned? It's strange after seeing how well organised the initial jabs were.

FWIW I'll be getting mine at the same South London clinic I had the first two jabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back