advertisement

Alec Baldwin

5 hours ago

(CNN)Crew members on the set of "Rust" used guns with live ammunition and engaged in a pastime called "plinking" hours before Halyna Hutchins was killed, founder and CEO of The Wrap, Sharon Waxman, told CNN's Don Lemon Monday night, citing information from an individual with knowledge of the set.

One of the guns used was later handed to actor Alec Baldwin, who fired the shot that killed Hutchins, 42, and injured director Joel Souza, The Wrap reported.

I haven’t been following this story but a tragic situation for everyone involved really. Why after the first shot that injured or killed somebody why would you fire again or did a single shot hit them both?

I haven’t been following this story but a tragic situation for everyone involved really. Why after the first shot that injured or killed somebody why would you fire again or did a single shot hit them both?

Single shot. If the round passes through soft tissue at close range, it can easily carry on a a few hundred feet per second.

I recall reading somewhere a debunking of shooting (with guns) scenarios in films. Basically: 1) bullets don't get lodged inside you, they go out the other side, usually quite messily; 2) you don't twirl around after being hit by a bullet. You fall over backwards where you were standing.

I recall reading somewhere a debunking of shooting (with guns) scenarios in films. Basically: 1) bullets don't get lodged inside you, they go out the other side, usually quite messily; 2) you don't twirl around after being hit by a bullet. You fall over backwards where you were standing.

I think anything can happen, depending on where the bullets pass into a body, the type of bullets and the position of the "shootee." I remember reading that both the Germans and the Japanese would sometimes tie up two prisoners together and kill both with one bullet. A bullet could even pass through two people and hit a third.

3) If a bullet does get stuck inside you, taking it out won't make you feel any better.

5 hours ago

(CNN)Crew members on the set of "Rust" used guns with live ammunition and engaged in a pastime called "plinking" hours before Halyna Hutchins was killed, founder and CEO of The Wrap, Sharon Waxman, told CNN's Don Lemon Monday night, citing information from an individual with knowledge of the set.

One of the guns used was later handed to actor Alec Baldwin, who fired the shot that killed Hutchins, 42, and injured director Joel Souza, The Wrap reported.

It wouldn't surprise me. Crew away from families for extended periods on shit hours/pay...go a bit stir crazy...DRUGS!!!

They could load bombs (no need to remove them)...

IIRC, UK aircraft can land safely with bombs loaded. Fortunately, to paraphrase Mr Haynes, removal is the reverse of installation, so fairly straightforward.

Plumbers also fit and maintain ejector seats. That should worry a few pilots.o_O

Not necessarily. As others have said, anything can happen. If it hits a bone it can turn, stop, anything. It depends on how heavy it is and how fast. A 44 Magnum is going to carry on a lot further than a .22. A bullet from a rifle is much faster than a handgun because all the time it's in the barrel of is accelerating.

I only ever knew one chap who had actually been shot. He was with the British Army in Aden and got hit in the front of his shoulder, basically between his heart and his shoulder joint. In other words, they very nearly blew his arm off.and a couple of inches in the other direction could have been in the heart. He ended up working with me in a foundry, where, despite a next to useless left arm..he still did his bit, including swinging big hammers.
However, his description of the incident was that he was on patrol, then he was spun through 180 degrees and on his back before he had any idea he was shot..

The assistant-director, Halls, has now admitted that he did not check "all the cartridges" in the gun before handing it to Baldwin with the words "Cold gun." I don't understand, since it would seem that "Cold gun" means there are no cartridges in the gun. So presumably he did not even look at the gun from the front of the drum, just assumed it was empty. Seems absolutely insane! Especially with three different guns lying around on the table.

advertisement

Back