advertisement

The Car cleaning section , Please join in

Autobrite purple rain would have achieved.the same results
I’ve used a few ABD’s products over the years as they’re fairly local to me , some good, some not so. I like their interior cleaner/dressing, tyre dressing and Purple something shampoo, Their waxes I couldn’t get on with though. Too hard to work and left streaks too even though it was a cool day and the car in shade.

Their foam lance is good though.

I don’t wash my car quite as much as I used to (used to be every couple of weeks). Quite happy with ‘Nardo Grey’ as it’s quite good at hiding dirt. As for products, I do like Maguires. Their shampoos are foamy and their waxes do a good job too. On Sunday I washed my car for the first time in over a month! I went to a hand car wash about 6 months ago and the sound of the guy’s zip on his tracksuit top making contact with my car was not pleasant to hear…

2036515-C-B9-FA-4225-8077-D71558-E10411.jpg

I don’t wash my car quite as much as I used to (used to be every couple of weeks). Quite happy with ‘Nardo Grey’ as it’s quite good at hiding dirt. As for products, I do like Maguires. Their shampoos are foamy and their waxes do a good job too. On Sunday I washed my car for the first time in over a month! I went to a hand car wash about 6 months ago and the sound of the guy’s zip on his tracksuit top making contact with my car was not pleasant to hear…

2036515-C-B9-FA-4225-8077-D71558-E10411.jpg
Nice.

Finally got round to trying out the Autoglym Polar range I got after someone posted about the offer from Halfords last year. It's all done with a pressure washer (Snow foam, wash, hydro sealant). https://www.autoglym.com/polarpressurewasher

I did a full wash, clay, machine polish (3 stage to remove some scratches in a few places) and finished with some Dodo Juice Purple Haze wax a week before so the car was well prepped.

The foam did a fairly decent job, then the wash but i used a microfibre mitt & rinse bucket too as I wasn't sure if would remove all dirt after the foam. Quite like the process of using a the pressure washer to apply wash and you only need one bucket. Only found out later that the Polar wash isn't PH neutral so it will strip waxes over time but then the Polar seal does the beading thing anyway. You're not meant to apply Polar seal direct to the windscreen but I found some will drip down the glass anyway so you end up with beading effect on the windscreen. Driving in the rain on Saturday and not having to use the wipers was pretty neat. I'm going to look into trying a proper glass product at some point though.

One of my friends who is into detailing bought some ‘proper’ glass stuff but said it was a mare to apply.

Gave my 'new to me' F01 730D SE Luxury a full clean & detail last week:

It's now at my pals bodyshop having the front & rear bumpers resprayed; wing mirror caps resprayed; a few dents sorted/pulled/filled/sprayed and then I'll be fitting some winter alloys & tyres once it's out and selling the current 20" alloys & tyres on; to buy 19" alloys for summer tyres ;)

Very posh!

I had the front bumper resprayed on mine a few weeks. It was absolutely peppered after 70k miles of motorway driving but it looks much better now. New reg plates fitted too. No point in refitting the shabby old plates on and ruining the look.

I've just washed Tracy's car, you would think to look at it she was doing a rally stage, fair enough the roads are really dirty due to potato harvest but there's less dirt on the van after a week of going to work and in and out of sites.

Very posh!

I had the front bumper resprayed on mine a few weeks. It was absolutely peppered after 70k miles of motorway driving but it looks much better now. New reg plates fitted too. No point in refitting the shabby old plates on and ruining the look.

Haha thanks :)

Well after my Jap import touring sold for very good money; I wanted to reinvest those funds into a more modern car, but wanted to try and stick with a 7'er rather than an Fx 5'er this time round and was very fortunate to find this great example; the things even got rear heated seats :D

The bumpers were a mess; mainly lacquer peel through poor washing but the rear bumper had a crack to it as well (which I knew about before buying); so I've sorted a few suspension bits and replaced the brakes (peace of mind etc) and now it's in the body shop to get the 'big bits' done...

Next Spring I'll get it in for the other smaller bits; to bring it up to my standards :)

I got some supermarket wheel cleaner that does the purple trick. Very dramatic, and removes lots of black gunk. Interestingly my dad recently had the wheels refurned on the car, they called round to mine less than 100 miles later and the new shiny wheels were already covered in dust.

I got some supermarket wheel cleaner that does the purple trick. Very dramatic, and removes lots of black gunk. Interestingly my dad recently had the wheels refurned on the car, they called round to mine less than 100 miles later and the new shiny wheels were already covered in dust.

Which Supermarket wheel cleaner was that - I'd like to give it a try.

Some brake pads are worse than others for the dreaded brake dust. No idea why, I'm no mechanic!

Always advisable to give newly refurbed lots a good hard wax covering, helps keep the brake dust down. But know not everyone can do that or is willing to do that

Always advisable to give newly refurbed lots a good hard wax covering, helps keep the brake dust down. But know not everyone can do that or is willing to do that
He isn't going to do that. They will go black and the car cleaners will shift what they can when he visits.

He isn't going to do that. They will go black and the car cleaners will shift what they can when he visits.

He can wax the faces and inner barrels where they can be reached. It's worth doing as they can soon start to pit again, more so if he's using a car washing place rather than DIY as they'll more than likely use more aggressive cleaning products

He can wax the faces and inner barrels where they can be reached. It's worth doing as they can soon start to pit again, more so if he's using a car washing place rather than DIY as they'll more than likely use more aggressive cleaning products
That's a minor possibility. He is 80 in a month, I don't think polishing wheels features too heavily in his leisure plans.

Land barge is still in my pals body shop; collected the winter alloys & tyres today, finished in standard BMW silver :)

Just washed the, dried them with the electric fan heater and I've just applied 3 coats of Poorboys Natty Wax:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0069VG7DS/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21

OEM BMW centre caps fitted and will treat the tyres before I fit them

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
730D collected from my pals body shop on Friday

Swapped it over onto its OEM Style 234 18" alloys & winter tyres yesterday as well as fitting an 82mm stud conversion kit

To:

I knew it was going to lash it down here yesterday; but wanted to get the alloys swapped over as I've sold the 20s and the car needed a thorough clean inside & out (full of bodyshop dust, polishing dust and greasy handprints etc)

It rides so much better on the 18s too; smoother, quieter and no tram-lining, at all!

What do the Fish people use for cleaning very grimy alloy wheels ,
Lots of black brake dust welded on like a crust

advertisement

Back