advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you replaced one player that never played for the Mugs with another that never played for the Mugs.
Au contraire. He was a right winger from a South American country, wand of a right foot, a big nose, maybe in the Robson era. I might have even played for them twice (surely once is more than enough)!

I certainly won't be taking anything for granted at the weekend - historically not a particularly happy hunting ground for Chelsea.

I know what you are saying and if Newcastle were still managed and organised by Rafa Benitez, we might have a chance against a Jose Mourinho Chelsea side. I don't think Jose's Chelsea or Man U ever won at Newcastle in the Premier League. He broke the curse with Spurs. Unfortunately, Newcastle are in very poor form at present and Chelsea are in superb form. I cannot see anything but a comfortable Chelsea win.

I see Joey is at it again though, this time with a Holocaust analogy. :oops: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-59037474

It amazes me that Joey Barton is still employed within football. I was glad to see the back of him at Newcastle. He's a liability.

He currently has two assault Court cases to defend starting in November for separate incidents involving his wife and Barnsley manager Daniel Stendel.

For me, given his record, he shouldn't be anywhere near the game. He's a thug.

Out of 501 PL players, Philips comes out at 473th best paid on £234k per year and Rice at 486th on £186k.

Man U players occupy 4 of the top 5 positions with Ronnie earning more in a week than Philips and Rice do added together for a year. It’s a funny auld game.

Follow link below:

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/rankings/

It's widely reported that Phil Foden presently has a base salary of 'only' £12,000 a week. There must be appearance and goal incentives etc. A new contract is apparently under negotiation.

I know what you are saying and if Newcastle were still managed and organised by Rafa Benitez, we might have a chance against a Jose Mourinho Chelsea side. I don't think Jose's Chelsea or Man U ever won at Newcastle in the Premier League. He broke the curse with Spurs. Unfortunately, Newcastle are in very poor form at present and Chelsea are in superb form. I cannot see anything but a comfortable Chelsea win.
I have to agree. I can only see a hammering for Newcastle at the weekend.

When Ronaldo decided to join Man U over City in the Summer, I felt he had made a mistake. In his shoes, I would have chosen to work with the better manager in Pep. Sure, his reputation would have been tarnished with some Man U fans, but looking back, he might regret getting sentimental with Ferguson and Man U.

It's widely reported that Phil Foden presently has a base salary of 'only' £12,000 a week. There must be appearance and goal incentives etc. A new contract is apparently under negotiation.
Haha! He’ll be on more than that as a base. Though the last thing he has to worry about is money. Like all players with that level of ability, they just need to steer clear of serious injuries.

When Ronaldo decided to join Man U over City in the Summer, I felt he had made a mistake. In his shoes, I would have chosen to work with the better manager in Pep. Sure, his reputation would have been tarnished with some Man U fans, but looking back, he might regret getting sentimental with Ferguson and Man U.

The problem is (and it would’ve applied to Messi to a degree too) is the work rate Pep needs from his front 3 to make his system work. Neither of them are young enough to be able to handle the demands. Sure they can finish but the chances are created by the work beforehand in making them.

Pundits saying Pep still needs an out & out striker are correct to a degree but fewer chances would be made in the first place.

Haha! He’ll be on more than that as a base. Though the last thing he has to worry about is money. Like all players with that level of ability, they just need to steer clear of serious injuries.

A bit more digging, shows another base salary of £30k a week which is more likely. New contract offer figures are around £150k

I hope you're right but I've got a gut feeling it's a score draw waiting to happen.
We've got no fit strikers for a start.:mad:
Plenty of goals throughout your team though. Mount looks like he’s hitting top form and about to go on a goal run.

Of the top 3 wins, I think ours away at Brighton was the most impressive. Norwich are clear relegation fodder, Man Utd were terrible making a very good Liverpool team look even better. Salah won’t score an easier hat-trick in his career again. Decent player though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back