advertisement

Rack order

As much space as possible between phono stage and deck, particularly if using a mc. Easy to get cross contamination between these.
Turn off everything you don’t need.
Lots of fresh air around amp, other than that depends on cable routing, trying to keep digital and analogue separated. Also power and signal as distant from each other as possible.

Err! A little consideration here please Del. Have you got a cherished pet I can suggest picking up from the road squashed flat? Some of us do have feelings you know...... :(
Or one under each foot of the CD player. Sure to reduce vibration.

Well..deep breath…I’m going in to sort the order and the spaghetti soup behind. I may be some time. Wish me luck! I’ll do before after pictures!

TT on top or separate shelf, phono stage as far away from amp as possible, power leads on one side, signal on the other, as tall as possible legs between each level

I must say I do prefer the Yamaha amp on top. I need to extend the earth wire on the TT tomorrow to reconnect and I’ll get another couple of the exotic Amazon interconnects to complete the cables. Sounds just as good!

On the homemade welded rack…each on its own shelf
Schiit Lyr2 headphone amp
Linn Wakonda
Rotel RCD-1072 CD player
Rotel RT-940 AX tuner
Linn Linto
Linn Lingo
Linn LK 85 amp, treble
Linn LK 85 amp, bass

Plus…on a Sound Organisation table
LP12, Ittock LV II, Krystal, Karousal, Kore

Plus…on the floor
REL B3
Aktiv Katans on Linn stands
You have almost exactly the same amplification as me, only difference being I have an LK140 on the treble of my active Ninkas (2xLK85 on bass). I have other LK series boxes too including an Ikemi, Pekin and Numerik (for TV) and a Lingo2. I have all mine in/on IKEA Kallax, I’d love to see your custom rack!
IvwDLRX.jpg

You have almost exactly the same amplification as me, only difference being I have an LK140 on the treble of my active Ninkas (2xLK85 on bass). I have other LK series boxes too including an Ikemi, Pekin and Numerik (for TV) and a Lingo2. I have all mine in/on IKEA Kallax, I’d love to see your custom rack!
IvwDLRX.jpg
We all know you tidied and cleaned before that photo. Dont think you are fooling anyone. I reckon the remains of your pickled onion and tongue sandwich are just out of shot, along with your bottle of Newcastle Brown.

My main system isn’t exactly a typical system, as can be seen in the post above, but on a normal rack, I have the sources on top where I can reach them easily, preamp in the middle the power amps on the bottom shelves because they’re the heaviest bits.

We all know you tidied and cleaned before that photo. Dont think you are fooling anyone. I reckon the remains of your pickled onion and tongue sandwich are just out of shot, along with your bottle of Newcastle Brown.
Haha, nope, this is just the tidy room (wine/whiskey glasses and coffee/tea cups aside), living room is more “lived in” and my office is a tip.:D

Newcastle Brown…the only downside to my city. I tried to like it so many times. Just couldn’t. I winced every time I took a gulp!

advertisement

Back