advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
No ‘apparently’ about it. Playing Leeds was your cup final and I say that as an outsider.

Similar exists with Middlesboro whenever they play Newcastle or Sunderland.
They claim it is a ‘derby’ fixture but neither Newcastle or Sunderland fans give a damn about them. I guess it’s hard to take.

Wrong again Brian.

With Boro being the last north eastern team to win a major trophy (2005 League Cup) and given that for Sunderland it was 1973 and God knows when for Newcastle (Wilson was PM?), Boro fans have taken to counting Darlington or Hartlepool as their real, hot-blooded, smog-laden north eastern derby and York as their day in the countryside derby.

Hope that helps.

No way is either Rice or Phillips on such low wages, both will be on at least £35-50k per week.

Out of 501 PL players, Philips comes out at 473th best paid on £234k per year and Rice at 486th on £186k.

Man U players occupy 4 of the top 5 positions with Ronnie earning more in a week than Philips and Rice do added together for a year. It’s a funny auld game.

Follow link below:

https://www.spotrac.com/epl/rankings/

I just don’t believe those figures. An England international will not be on such a salary. Phillips was driving a G-wagon when in the Championship.

For quite a few years now, the England players have been donating their match fee to charity which is a nice touch but kind of presumes that they are all minted. I wonder what Philips and Rice think of that, although it could be embarrassing to ask for their match fee in front of the other players (a bit like your mates knowing you were on free school dinners).

For quite a few years now, the England players have been donating their match fee to charity which is a nice touch but kind of presumes that they are all minted. I wonder what Philips and Rice think of that, although it could be embarrassing to ask for their match fee in front of the other players (a bit like your mates knowing you were on free school dinners).
Those figures are nonsense. Some Division One players earn more than that. Sportrac is far more accurate on US sports as the salaries are made public but if you honestly believe these figures then perhaps the tooth fairy will visit tonight;)

Wrong again Brian.

With Boro being the last north eastern team to win a major trophy (2005 League Cup) and given that for Sunderland it was 1973 and God knows when for Newcastle (Wilson was PM?), Boro fans have taken to counting Darlington or Hartlepool as their real, hot-blooded, smog-laden north eastern derby and York as their day in the countryside derby.

Hope that helps.
Again? lol

Those figures are nonsense. Some Division One players earn more than that. Sportrac is far more accurate on US sports as the salaries are made public but if you honestly believe these figures then perhaps the tooth fairy will visit tonight;)

Loch Ness Monster was a German U-boat.

Anyway, I am somewhat relieved to discover that Salary Sport has Philips on 35k per week and Rice on 32 p/w. Just in time as I was about to pass the telephone number of their local food banks onto the poor dears

@seagull Do not put your team down . They have started well this season and not by being either negative or lucky . You have now established a patten of play and those players coming off the bench look like they know what to do and what is expected. Many will make fun of this sort of comment but i think it is essential if any team is going to get better and progress . All those teams that do not operate like this suffer with lack of consistency . It will never be a fool proof way t get good performances and losing essential players can still hurt but it doe have a better chance of more wins in the long term.

I think Brighton will be a real test for Liverpool this weekend. They are playing good football and are clearly a well drilled, effective unit. The very opposite of Ole’s circus act. I will be at the game with my wife and kids, so fingers crossed..

I think Liverpool will cash in.
He'll be 30 next June and his game is built on electrifying pace which will start to diminish especially if he suffers any bad injuries.
You fancy buying him back? ;)

I think the way players are helped with all the sports science these days that he can still just as effective for another 3-5 years. He's fairly small framed like Vardy and he's only just starting to show a slight loss of pace despite being a few years older.

@seagull Do not put your team down . They have started well this season and not by being either negative or lucky . You have now established a patten of play and those players coming off the bench look like they know what to do and what is expected. Many will make fun of this sort of comment but i think it is essential if any team is going to get better and progress . All those teams that do not operate like this suffer with lack of consistency . It will never be a fool proof way t get good performances and losing essential players can still hurt but it doe have a better chance of more wins in the long term.

I think Brighton will be a real test for Liverpool this weekend. They are playing good football and are clearly a well drilled, effective unit. The very opposite of Ole’s circus act. I will be at the game with my wife and kids, so fingers crossed..

We have been playing well, but Man City tore into us on Saturday. I am sure that Liverpool will do the same. I think the second half will have given our players some confidence. I can't really see anything but a heavy(ish) defeat though.

I think top half would be a good return for us this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back