advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
They’ve tried to be fair, had a number of high profile managers none of which have fully worked. Unlike other clubs they do generate large sums of cash rather than just being supported by a sugar daddy, they also treat fans well comparatively. I don’t really get the hatred towards MUFC.

If you grew up in Manchester as a City fan through their success, it would be more understandable. To have a club-authorised banner counting the number of years since a City league win was disgustingly arrogant and insensitive and I now glory in their demise.

If you grew up in Manchester as a City fan through their success, it would be more understandable. To have a club-authorised banner counting the number of years since a City league win was disgustingly arrogant and insensitive and I now glory in their demise.
Yes, that is fair comment but ultimately City fans are only displaying the same traits now & the club has done similar itself. For example, large format digital screens at Trafford park when they won the league.

I really dislike Leeds, this grew when we shared a division with them a few times. Apparently it was our ‘cup final’ whenever we played them etc. Pathetic really.

Yes, that is fair comment but ultimately City fans are only displaying the same traits now & the club has done similar itself. For example, large format digital screens at Trafford park when they won the league.

I really dislike Leeds, this grew when we shared a division with them a few times. Apparently it was our ‘cup final’ whenever we played them etc. Pathetic really.
No ‘apparently’ about it. Playing Leeds was your cup final and I say that as an outsider.

Similar exists with Middlesboro whenever they play Newcastle or Sunderland.
They claim it is a ‘derby’ fixture but neither Newcastle or Sunderland fans give a damn about them. I guess it’s hard to take.

No ‘apparently’ about it. Playing Leeds was your cup final and I say that as an outsider.

They claim it is a ‘derby’ fixture but neither Newcastle or Sunderland fans give a damn about them. I guess it’s hard to take.
Utter crap & just shows how utterly ignorant you are.

We're talking about a banner up for decades, not a one off. Anyway, it is just tribalism and a load of nonsense but feelings are not always imbued with logic

We're talking about a banner up for decades, not a one off. Anyway, it is just tribalism and a load of nonsense but feelings are not always imbued with logic
Yep, I get what you are saying but the ‘one off’ cost about £25k. Much of football tribalism is nonsense but it’s not exclusive to one club.

I was referring to the illogical hatred of Leeds by another member, but apparently I am the ignorant one. :D:D

Utter crap & just shows how utterly ignorant you are.
The first game I went to was in 1968, that’s just to give you an idea of the era I grew up in watching football. At that time Leeds had a great side, your lot were nowhere. Which bit is utter crap and ignorant?

They’ve tried to be fair, had a number of high profile managers none of which have fully worked. Unlike other clubs they do generate large sums of cash rather than just being supported by a sugar daddy, they also treat fans well comparatively. I don’t really get the hatred towards MUFC.

As a Liverpool fan can I state my loathing is not reserved for Man Utd, but is shared across all Manchester-based clubs. See how even-handed I am. :D

Had a little time to think about it after Sunday and watched highlights . Utd were indeed as awful as i thought at the time and you can only play what is in front of you . Some of Liverpool's passing and movement was superb and Henderson's pass for the fifth goal was just brilliant . Liverpool were not poor but they could have been more clinical . I would agree that they could have pushed things and quite possibly scored more but I think the five was enough . We have still yet to be beaten in the PL this season and we have a very difficult game on Saturday we shall have to see if they can continue to play at a high level and keep the pressure on Chelsea as they get another bye at the weekend .

I would explain why I dislike Utd but it would take far to long and just be repeating myself. When the Media started spouting the rubbish that getting CR7 was the final piece and Utd would go on to win the PL this season and all uou could get in any football thread or TV program was Ronaldo then that goes some way to explain why other fans dislike them so .

Saturday we shall have to see if they can continue to play at a high level and keep the pressure on Chelsea as they get another bye at the weekend .
No such thing as a 'bye' in the PL.
Last time I looked everyone plays everyone else twice during the season.;)

As a Liverpool fan can I state my loathing is not reserved for Man Utd, but is shared across all Manchester-based clubs. See how even-handed I am. :D

Sorry never felt the same always liked City in my very early years and used to go to Maine Road for away games and loved it . Utd were the best and largest team in the world for all the years they did not win the PL and given this was all through the Liverpool winning era it was very annoying . City have had too many hard times to mention and people pick on them now beacuse they have a rich sponsor and can get a squad together that most clubs can only dream of . The same was true for Chelsea in the early days of the current owner and it is starting to be the same for Newcastle. In many way and I get this it is jealousy that these clubs due to the massive funding they have can just do things and change things while most of the rest wish they could but have to work another way . So no despite all bile that seems to come out on here aimed at Liverpool I do not dislike City much at all . They are at least a very strong example to follow in how to build a club with money without wasting most of it and NUFC would do very well to look hard at how you can spend your money and get a long term return .

Sorry but any team that plays Norwich and Newcastle at this moment gets a bye in my view as it is not really any opposition at all . If they are not careful and do not change and quickly then I might have to add Utd to the list . :D

Sorry but any team that plays Norwich and Newcastle at this moment gets a bye in my view as it is not really any opposition at all . If they are not careful and do not change and quickly then I might have to add Utd to the list . :D
I certainly won't be taking anything for granted at the weekend - historically not a particularly happy hunting ground for Chelsea.

What is more to the point is TT will not let any of his team take anything for granted as shown by the performance against Norwich . Given this and the levels that currently Chelsea , City and Liverpool are showing unless they get very careless they will take maximum points form this two teams . I am only being flippant and not too serious but the quality of both of these sides at this moment is pretty awful and while there may be hope going forward for Newcastle I do not see there being any hope for Norwich except relegation.

I would agree that Norwich are absolute 'stick ons' for relegation.
As far as the other end of the table goes I think that what at the moment appears to be a 3 horse race will reduce to two by the end of the year.
I don't believe Chelsea are at the same level as City or Liverpool and this will become evident over the coming weeks.

And the only disappointment for me was that it was Liverpool that gave the good hiding: I just like you a tiny bit more than them!

Sorry never felt the same always liked City in my very early years and used to go to Maine Road for away games and loved it . Utd were the best and largest team in the world for all the years they did not win the PL and given this was all through the Liverpool winning era it was very annoying . City have had too many hard times to mention and people pick on them now beacuse they have a rich sponsor and can get a squad together that most clubs can only dream of . The same was true for Chelsea in the early days of the current owner and it is starting to be the same for Newcastle. In many way and I get this it is jealousy that these clubs due to the massive funding they have can just do things and change things while most of the rest wish they could but have to work another way . So no despite all bile that seems to come out on here aimed at Liverpool I do not dislike City much at all . They are at least a very strong example to follow in how to build a club with money without wasting most of it and NUFC would do very well to look hard at how you can spend your money and get a long term return .

Personally speaking, the consistent view towards Liverpool that I see expressed is not necessarily towards the club but towards a section of the fanbase. I certainly wouldn't suggest it was more than the bile directed at other clubs but perhaps just a little bit! Living in the city as I do, and love doing so, I experience some of it on a quite regular basis.

We have still yet to be beaten in the PL this season and we have a very difficult game on Saturday we shall have to see if they can continue to play at a high level and keep the pressure on Chelsea as they get another bye at the weekend.

Do you mean us? I'm just hoping that we keep the score down and play well, like we did second half against City.

Mind you we did win the corresponding fixture last season.

No offence committed in the Palace banner, so no Police action. https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59042671

I see Joey is at it again though, this time with a Holocaust analogy. :oops: https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-bristol-59037474
Joey Barton has been told to consider his future as Bristol Rovers manager after comparing a poor performance by his side to the Holocaust.

Bristol councillor Fabian Breckels, an associate member of the Jewish Labour Movement, said the former England player's comments were "appalling".

Mr Breckels also criticised the club which has so far refused to comment on Mr Barton's comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back