advertisement

All purpose football thread 2021-2022 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
The wages for some PL players are not what you expect eg Calvin Philips on £4500 a week and Declan Rice on £3000 both of whom would be much better in midfield for Man U than Fred and McTomonay. Pogbas on £300k btw.
I would suggest that's because they signed contracts a few years ago (certainly the case with Declan Rice).
If either of these players went to United their wages would be negotiated in line with the other grossly overpaid 'stars'.
With regard to them being 'much better' than the present incumbents I'm not so sure - a team playing without a decent structure and tactics will make even the best players look average.

Like Chelsea were when Lampard was the manager?
To a certain extent yes there are definite similarities.
The difference is Chelsea's hierarchy took action and the immediate improvement under Tuchel cruelly exposed Frank's limitations as a coach on the pitch and man manager off the pitch.
What Frank did do was to give certain academy players their chance (part forced/part choice) in the 1st team the benefit of which was there for all to see last Saturday and I hope for many years to come.

I would suggest that's because they signed contracts a few years ago (certainly the case with Declan Rice).
If either of these players went to United their wages would be negotiated in line with the other grossly overpaid 'stars'.
With regard to them being 'much better' than the present incumbents I'm not so sure - a team playing without a decent structure and tactics will make even the best players look average.

"That bargain is now gone" David Moyes issues update on future of Declan Rice (101greatgoals.com)

I love the cut of Moyes' jib.....:cool:

Apparently he (Rack Kit) was fishing.
Admitting to such is piss-poor, as is having Bob McC "like" one of your football related posts.
Fishing is an excellent way to instantly reduce the credibility of any subsequent posts you might make, which makes it foolish and self-defeating.
I nearly choked on my tea reading that.

As always it will depend on whether the player wants to stay at the club.
I'm not sure where he'd fit in at Chelsea to be honest - but a class act he certainly is.
Oh don't get me wrong, most of us are under no illusions that Dec will eventually leave for someone bigger to win trophies but this fella has a rapport with the fanbase that will be hard to replicate anywhere else for one thing.

Moyes and his coaching staff are building something special at the club and Declan Rice is currently very much a part of it.

They really have been backed and now have the highest PL wage bill. For a team of their stature, there are always alternatives and Ole had no track record to speak of.
They’ve tried to be fair, had a number of high profile managers none of which have fully worked. Unlike other clubs they do generate large sums of cash rather than just being supported by a sugar daddy, they also treat fans well comparatively. I don’t really get the hatred towards MUFC.

No way is either Rice or Phillips on such low wages, both will be on at least £35-50k per week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back