advertisement

Anti-vaccine protesters… why?

I’ve friends in Liverpool who have been given that fake-news/anti-science shite too. It would be interesting to see who exactly is funding/instigating it. It takes real money and a coordinated infrastructure to regularly produce and distribute printed media, so someone is footing a fairly hefty bill somewhere. I don’t believe for a second it is donation funded as implied.

Don't they realise they've been Vlad?

(ra ra Vlad Putin, Russia's favourite lie machine)

Ever-increasing reason to be sceptical about the government and official narratives, ever more limited means of developing and channeling that scepticism in a rational manner, a digital economy based on innovating bullshit and conveying it with ruthless efficiency to optimised audiences - plus Boomers.

To keep things in perspective, historically there’s always been a fair bit of nuttery around vaccination, and government health interventions in general.

This, but now every knob head has access to focussed media via the internet, plus Twitter to stew in a cesspool of batshit circle jerking.

The yellow card scheme of reporting incidents, as shown in the Lighthouse, reports that 1400 people, or so, have died having had the vaccine. Doesn't say that the vaccine had anything to do with the deaths. But this is used to mislead people into believing that the vaccine has been the cause. The people that report this and protest around the country are too thick to read or understand the original documentation and are happy to go with the mischievous re-writing of it.

I'd then spend the better part of the day in front of a Xerox machine with a pocketful nickels, dimes and quarters slowly consumed as I made copies of journal papers in primary sources.

The British Library still does this weird thing where some journals are available on the PCs in the reading rooms but not over wi-fi to your laptop. So you have no option but to print it all to hard copy at (from memory) 30p a sheet. Soon adds up!

...microfish?

trimma-yoshinoi.jpg

Presumably named after the late Derren Nesbitt, an actor who seemed doomed to play the part of the sadistic Nazi in 60s/70s war films.

I was visiting my daughter in Gateshead today and we saw this bunch of halfwits.
0_JS248663220.jpg

One of them was left behind after the rest of the herd piled over the footbridge to Gateshead and stood alone with his megaphone spouting bollocks. Nobody paid him or his fellow marchers any attention.

Not just in Newcastle…
We have the same idiots marching every weekend in France.
Most people in ICU’s are not vaccinated of course. I’ve not heard that on the news: a nurse I know sees that every day. They even had to call retired ones to face their foolishness.

Brother in laws a vegan and refused vaccinations for Vegan reasons, testing on animals AFAIK,.
I know a few others (some family members) that have refused to get Covid vaccinations probably for a variety of reasons, distrust, ignorance or whatever, I didn't ask why to be honest as I couldn't be bothered to have the conversation or argument but I won't be in their company, house and they definitely won't be over my door. My two kids are in their twenties, they were not going to get vaccinated so I went picked them both up and took them to the vaccination centre, big as they are they still listen to their 'ole boy', lol.
Being cynical it wouldn't surprise me (nothing really does when it comes to human behaviour) if there was a conspiracy involved especially if there is monetary gain but I'd rather not risk my health or that of my kids.
aren’t those who refuse it more at risk than you? I thought those vaccinated carry the same risk of catching COVID, I’m guessing you mean you don’t want to be responsible if they catch it at your house.

There certainly seems to be an underlying globally-linked politics to it, e.g. I bet there is a wide overlap between anti-vaccine protests and the anti-democracy Trump fascists that stormed Congress in January. I’m sure there is a similar overlap with climate science denial. I don’t understand it at all, but it seems to be gaining traction.
Every day in the Seattle area, some groups of pro-Trump/Q-Anon/militias/anti-vax goofballs are on the overpasses hold signs like "Biden Stole The Election", "Bill Gates Profits From Fake COVID-19", "Fauci Is The Devil", "Thin Blue Line" flag, etc.

IMO small population, but very loud voices.

PS- I have an appointment this Monday for a booster shot! Haha!

Interestingly i have a leftish daughter living in France and they're all not vaccinating.

The only justification i can get from them is that they don't like the fascist government so any opportunity to disobey is taken.

These are supposedly well educated people, many are also resistant to other vaccinations but i think i've just about managed to talk her into getting my grandchildren done.

Job for today is finding out where i can get a booster.
All my french friends resisted it except my business partner until Macron said you can only go to restaurants with vaccine passports or pcr tests. The anti-establishmentarianism stopped right there. I think France has just about caught uk up now on number of vaccinated people

aren’t those who refuse it more at risk than you? I thought those vaccinated carry the same risk of catching COVID, I’m guessing you mean you don’t want to be responsible if they catch it at your house.

No, your guess is wrong, I don't want them in my house nor will I be in theirs.

Last edited:
Don't know who's Quote this is. But. "Science is not an opinion" Well now it is! I'm fully vaccinated, only because at the age of 56 I'd feel bit of a dick if I got seriously ill from covid. My daughter at the age of 24 has chosen not to be vaccinated. And I take my hat of to her. Nobody knows if there will be any serious side effects from the vaccine in 2, 3, 4, 5...years because there is no data. Usually 5/10 years to fully test any vaccine. So really as a world, we should be bowing our heads in shame at the amount of people who have died waiting for a vaccines for other ailments to be fully tested. Because it doesn't really take that long. Does it ?

I haven't read the whole thread..but I have read more than enough utter shite on the net, especially on Facebook, to know the sort of stuff.

When I can be bothered, I meet the 'Government Conspiracy' bollox by pointing out that the actual conspiracy is being acted out in Parliament everyday, as Govt. works to undermine our democracy and our citizen's rights, and at the same time our Govt. hasn't the competence to organise basic infrastructure.. much less a 'Fake Disease' conspiracy. I also point out that much of this was 'hidden in plain sight' in the Tory Manifesto, but those who voted the Tories in were far too busy getting all hysterical about taking back control of things which we had never lost control of, to notice what they were actually voting for.

I also point out that the virus has been 'tested' on maybe 10 million of us of whom 150000+ are now dead...and that the vaccines have been tested on about 50 million of us, with penny numbers confirmed to have death caused by the vaccine, but it's a bit like pissing in the wind.

As somebody posted on here years ago.. the internet allows everyone to post an opinion, but does not ensure that anyone posts an informed opinion. Worse, many of those frantically Twittering and F'booking now, are simply not equipped to apply basic 'filtering' or 'discrimination' to sources, and end up propagating shite, often in innocent good faith.

It's an education issue.

Here are a few classics.

'Why would I want a vaccination for a disease I don't have?' Err..you're not getting the concept are you?

'If the vaccine works.. why do you need a booster?' Err.. because some jabs last a lifetime but other need regular boosters. It is that simple.

'People have been double jabbed and still died'. That is true, but many more would have died without the double jab.

Etc...

Don't know who's Quote this is. But. "Science is not an opinion" Well now it is! I'm fully vaccinated, only because at the age of 56 I'd feel bit of a dick if I got seriously ill from covid. My daughter at the age of 24 has chosen not to be vaccinated. And I take my hat of to her. Nobody knows if there will be any serious side effects from the vaccine in 2, 3, 4, 5...years because there is no data. Usually 5/10 years to fully test any vaccine. So really as a world, we should be bowing our heads in shame at the amount of people who have died waiting for a vaccines for other ailments to be fully tested. Because it doesn't really take that long. Does it ?

Sorry pal. That is a bullshit argument.

advertisement

Back