advertisement

Today I have mainly been v1

Status
Not open for further replies.
back home, knackered - installed an IFI Zen Bluetooth DAC into our old Naim Unitiqute in the kitchen. Now I can listen to stuff from my phone.

Thank you.

I fear she thinks that she is unbreakable. Nobody is.

Daughter is doing the right thing by accepting she needs help.

We are glad we live next door.
Best wishes for her recovery. My work is bloody hard right now, we have a weekly teams call on Friday and everyone, including me, looked knackered and pissed off. We have any number of managers falling over with stress, I'm just making sure I get plenty of rest, fresh air, healthy food and stay off the sauce for most of the week. It's a very real possibility for any of us.

At the very least I would put up Smartwater warning notices, or similar. A friend of mine had her lead flashing stolen, the insurers insisted on a fibreglass replacement.

The roof is five storeys up with no easy access, but I think I'll do the Smartwater thing anyway.

Best wishes for her recovery. My work is bloody hard right now, we have a weekly teams call on Friday and everyone, including me, looked knackered and pissed off. We have any number of managers falling over with stress, I'm just making sure I get plenty of rest, fresh air, healthy food and stay off the sauce for most of the week. It's a very real possibility for any of us.

Hope it improves, take care Steve.

Finally finished off the woodwork at my sister's, electric meter cupboard done, got a decent join on the skirting and the worst part was one of the chimney breasts but it didn't turn out too bad

Looks like a very tidy result to me :) - especially the meter cupboard.

Getting prodded by the dog's cold, wet nose since 6am.

Letting him out.
Letting him in.

Dozing off back to sleep and... *prod prod*

It wouldn't be so bad but he's figured out that it's much more effective if he worms his way under the duvet...

And people wonder why he occasional gets called "bastard chops."

Same treatment from my cat, from well before 6 too.

If that doesn't get me up, plonks herself between my head and headboard with an occasional 'touch'

I envy you this gentle treatment, 48 kilos of dog (he's been on a diet) is far less subtle, and if I don't respond quickly enough he turns into a furry, genital-seeking missile. I tend to sleep in the buff (sorry if that puts you off your breakfast/food for life).

Nothing wakes a person up quicker than a cold, wet, canine nose in the ear.

Solution. Get one of these:

Short-haired-Dachshund.jpg

I envy you this gentle treatment, 48 kilos of dog (he's been on a diet) is far less subtle, and if I don't respond quickly enough he turns into a furry, genital-seeking missile. I tend to sleep in the buff (sorry if that puts you off your breakfast/food for life).
What she lacks in weight is more than made up by her unerring accuracy in landing in the most sensitive of spots.

o_O I don't have a dog now, when I did he never was in my bedroom, neither is Kitcat, not at any time, just like kids animals need (love) boundaries.

Thanks, I'm not normally very happy with anything I make but it has actually turned out ok for a first attempt.
Very neat mitre work, well done. External mitres are a bastard, especially if anything is out of square, and they are strongly visual so you need to get them right. Even if that means something else needs to be "wrong". I've had lots of fun with mitres.

cooking a 5 hour ragu from beef shin - lots of fine dicing of meat and the soffrito- got 4 portions for the freezer out of it. Cooking a Keema Peas for tonight (more chopping), and a aloo brinjal as a side.

sorting out Louise's annual desk calendar of cat pics. Discovering that our old supplier (or anyone for that matter) still sells a week to view personalised desk calendar. Went elsewhere, best I could find was 2 pics per month....so 24 photos....

entertaining my parents......(I won't say any more) their bickering scares the cats.

up to the loft to fetch an item I am giving away.

now time to relax with a Negroni or two or three....listening to Rampage on 1Xtra

Finally got round to fitting the piece of plasterboard to the boxed in waste where I cut a hole to fix a leak. Taped over the joints with fibreglass mesh, then gave it a skim with some ready-mix stuff. Will need some sanding and another layer or two to get a flat smooth finish.

Then I set about finding the issue with the electric underfloor heating controller in the garden room (to keep the tortoise toasty over winter). It would frequently cut out as if the power had an intermittent connection. Looks like it was a bodge by the electrician that installed it. He had used some bits of twin and earth about 1" long to pack under the controller plate, and it was sitting too deep in the recess, so when the fascia surround was fitted, then the controller was clipped on, the fascia would hold the controller off, and the contacts in the connector would not go deep enough into the receptacle on the controller plate to contact properly. I fashioned a couple of plastic spacers from Rawplugs, and trimmed them to optimum length, so then clipped the controller on, and all connected good now. Quite pleased with the fix.

Slow cooker beef stew on the go, just the dumplings and mash to sort in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back