advertisement

What Christmas tree?

The woman ahead of me in the queue at Sainsbury's yesterday seemed to be stocking up, if not for Christmas then for some post-Apocalypse scenario. Her shop came to £220, and featured a lot of pork pies.

The woman ahead of me in the queue at Sainsbury's yesterday seemed to be stocking up, if not for Christmas then for some post-Apocalypse scenario. Her shop came to £220, and featured a lot of pork pies.
She could be a one-woman answer to the plethora of pigs problem we are reportedly experiencing at the moment!

Unsurprisingly I’ve never had a Christmas tree in my adult life. I do love the availability of nuts in shells, satsumas and sprouts though. That is the redeeming feature.

When the whole point of a Christmas Tree is to cover it in as many visual distractions as possible on the outside, how much does it matter what it looks like on the inside?
the inside can look bare particularly an artificial tree and the growing pile of leftover crackers sits there each year and seems to work, a mix of colours and sizes.

oh sh**, just realised that with the new lady moving in avec cat I’m probably going to have to forget it from now on or it will be like those two monsters gintonic showed!

Too tame, you need ......

The Sprouts of Evil!

I'm not bothering with a tree this year. Can't be arsed.

watch

We've always bought cheap ones that either fall apart or look tacky when they're up.
We've got one of those snowing ones but it takes up loads of room and the little polystyrene balls end up everywhere.
I don't want a real one because the needles falling off do my head in.

Any suggestions for a good quality tree?

Triggered!:mad:

It is a holiday Tree.:p

:)

We had a massive walk in storage attic. We could just put the tree in with all the stuff on and put a couple of bin liners round it.

Kids never thought it was a good idea, though.

My ancient (but nice) Woolworths Xmas tree will be dug out of the loft and thrown up sometime mid December
I will decorate it
Then (as soon as I've finished) the wife will rearrange it so it looks completely different

Ahhh Christmas traditions....you cannot beat them

There are lots of ideas out there for diy christmas tree 'alternatives' that can be quite cool. My Mum uses what's basically an old dead branch sprayed white, with a modest amount of lights and decorations; actually looks really nice.

We’ve rented our tree for the last few years.

https://www.rentalchristmastree.com/

I like the fact that the tree gets replanted after Christmas. It always seemed such a waste to me to chop them down in their prime for such a brief, singular use.

That's what we used to do, the tree didn't grow much from year to year, a bit like bonsai.

Modern varieties keep their leaves forever, tempted to get a spray can and spruce up the last tree.

advertisement

Back