advertisement

What Christmas tree?

Fatmarley

"It appears my intelligence circuits have melted"
We've always bought cheap ones that either fall apart or look tacky when they're up.
We've got one of those snowing ones but it takes up loads of room and the little polystyrene balls end up everywhere.
I don't want a real one because the needles falling off do my head in.

Any suggestions for a good quality tree?

When the whole point of a Christmas Tree is to cover it in as many visual distractions as possible on the outside, how much does it matter what it looks like on the inside?

Fibre optic with coloured spinny wheel in the base.
1) Get it out of the loft.
2) Fit the base and bend the branches as uniform as you can.
3) Switch on so you can see where the fallen off plastic stars go.
4) 15 minutes after step 1, job completed.

When the whole point of a Christmas Tree is to cover it in as many visual distractions as possible on the outside, how much does it matter what it looks like on the inside?

I always decorate the tree, and use tons of different coloured tinsel, balbals and other stuff that the kids have made at school etc, but it does look quite tacky. The GF just wants something that gives you that warm, cosy feeling.

Here's a tree that looks similar to ours after I've decorated it:

qXRF6U9.jpg
[/IMG]

We’ve always had a real tree despite the PITA aspect of falling needles. Last year we didn’t bother as it was only the two of us. Mrs H found a teeny-tiny fake tree that someone had left outside their house prior to moving, and we used that instead.

Fibre optic with coloured spinny wheel in the base.
1) Get it out of the loft.
2) Fit the base and bend the branches as uniform as you can.
3) Switch on so you can see where the fallen off plastic stars go.
4) 15 minutes after step 1, job completed.

I quite like the look of those. Looks easy to put up too.

I think you need Balsam Hill Christmas trees. Full price is pretty steep, but they’re often on sale (70% off). We’ve had one for quite some years now. Looks brand new once it’s out of the bag and decorated.

I expect there will be a shortage of real trees due to not enough elves or whatever can justify a massive price hike. This will also triple the price of artificial trees.

We had a John Lewis artificial one for years (decades actually). It was very realistic and the branches folded up for storage and it was in three sections so you could choose a height if space was limited. I’m sure there’s something similar out there these days. We have real ones now but I don’t find needle shedding to be a problem.
(p.s. if you wait till January they will define cheaper :D)

advertisement

Back