advertisement

Alec Baldwin

"a distraught Baldwin had asked why he had been given a firearm apparently loaded with real ammunition. “In all my years, I’ve never been handed a hot gun,”

Not sure it has been established what happened yet?

Brandon Lee died on a film set, killed by a blank firing gun.

I’ve fired blanks (fnar) and they are just as scary as the real thing. Nothing can prepare you for the reality of how loud a real gunshot is.
A blank can kill if you’re close enough to the discharge.

You never, ever point a gun at anyone unless you intend to kill them.
Hollywood has lots of tricks up its sleeve with camera angles etc, so it seems that Alec Baldwin messed up.

Hopefully the film makers will use cgi from now on.

I would refrain from judgement until the facts are known.

An ex-para mate says that in any injury by firearm someone is responsible. Who that is has not been determined.

Just pure speculation, but I would guess that he was not pointing it at her "directly", but she was in line but down range out of scene far from where any gas/wadding from a blank would/should be discharged?

Horrendous for all involved.

How the flying f**k do live rounds get put into a prop gun on a film set? It is beyond baffling.

Two people were hit, so not a live round. probably wadding or some other debris in barrel.

However, as mykel says, it's all speculation at the moment.

Must have been a real bullet, not wadding, to kill one person and almost (so far) kill another. One source says it was a frontal film shot with Baldwin aiming right at the camera. Another source says he was "unloading" the gun, which sounds implausible, when it went off. Have to wait to understand what happened.

You never, ever point a gun at anyone unless you intend to kill them.

Firing a gun straight at the camera is a standard viewpoint in a movie that features guns, and that’s exactly where both the cinematographer and director would have been sitting. The incomprehensible thing is how a live round got in there (assuming that is what happened).

advertisement

Back