advertisement

Speakers that sound BIG and don't look like droids

So true ! Nevertheless, I still have a pair of IMF Super Compact first generation with the mentioned woofer and bass is rather good. Not as loud but certainly as deep and a bit more under control when played very loud as this design of speakers is almost a sealed one :

It has the advantage of not being a 2-way.

I guess I should have specified 2-way speakers using SP1014...

Vivid Audio Giya G3 - look amazing from every angle and sound to boot. Also come in any colour you can think of, what's not to like.
R.8def43aa111fcb69cb775bc81ffcafe3

Vivid Audio Giya G3 - look amazing from every angle and sound to boot. Also come in any colour you can think of, what's not to like.
R.8def43aa111fcb69cb775bc81ffcafe3

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder as they say. I'm not keen on them tbh. Looks a bit like a droid anorl. I'd be surprised if they didn't sound amazing though :)

I prefer my ESLs, for looks, to the large boxes like Tannoys and all the droid type speakers on this thread. One droid is fine, but two is one too many in any room I think. Here’s mine with subwoofers, this dingy morning

4-B60499-C-545-E-4150-810-E-FEE1-FED2-CAC3.jpg

When I eventually have to get them serviced I may do something fun with the covers (socks or stockings - I can never remember the word!) But as it happens I rather like the brown speaker and black sub combination.

I've found the Boenicke range seem to defy physics, with a much bigger sound than you would expect for the size, especially the little W5 (below).
And they are very wife/partner friendly. Definitely one on my list for the future.

W5-whiteroomcrop-OL.png

Beautiful, if a little expensive ...

I prefer my ESLs, for looks, to the large boxes like Tannoys and all the droid type speakers on this thread. One droid is fine, but two is one too many in any room I think. Here’s mine with subwoofers, this dingy morning

4-B60499-C-545-E-4150-810-E-FEE1-FED2-CAC3.jpg

When I eventually have to get them serviced I may do something fun with the covers (socks or stockings - I can never remember the word!) But as it happens I rather like the brown speaker and black sub combination.
Love your set up and lighting. Do those 'statics really work so near corners? Or is it just the image that makes them look that way?

That looks like a nice room @mandryka I really like the architectural features but why so many bongs?
Thanks. I'm never going to see my collection of Italian art glass in the same light again.

Love your set up and lighting. Do those 'statics really work so near corners? Or is it just the image that makes them look that way?

Thanks.

Yes they're about 5' away from the corners and there's a bay window on the right, just out of view. The one on the left may be more than 5' from the corner.

The lighting was a great surprise when I put up the bass traps -- all traps need an uplighter.

I've found the Boenicke range seem to defy physics, with a much bigger sound than you would expect for the size, especially the little W5 (below).
And they are very wife/partner friendly. Definitely one on my list for the future.

W5-whiteroomcrop-OL.png
Got the W5SE right now.. amazing things. I’m now in a new house and new room though. I just heard a pair of Audio Physic Tempo 35 on the end of a Pathos Classic One Mk III at the local shop and thinking I might try out that combo at home.

advertisement

Back