advertisement

Naim stage line question

rvw67

pfm Member
Hi, I have a question I hope someone can answer. I have an all Naim olive setup…. I’m at the moment demoing a McIntosh MA6500 from a dealer here in the states. I’m using the stage line into the the Mac and I don’t have the the same type of gain that I would achieve with my Naim 102…. Is that because the stage line is meant to work best with Naim kit? Can I increase the gain a bit on the stage line ?
Thanks!

if you're into DIY, i'll bet that you probably can increase the Stageline's gain a bit. that said, in my experience and as a Naim fan, i don't think the Stageline is particularly worth the effort. what kind of cartridge are you using?

if you're into DIY, i'll bet that you probably can increase the Stageline's gain a bit. that said, in my experience and as a Naim fan, i don't think the Stageline is particularly worth the effort. what kind of cartridge are you using?
I’m using a dynavector 20x2

I’m using a dynavector 20x2

Dynavector's own P75 phono stage would be a great option or, even better, check out the Arkless Electronics MC phono. I used a 20x2 with the Dynavector SUP-200 step-up transformer into a P75 (set in MM mode) and it was a great combination.

advertisement

Back