advertisement

Jeff Beck - Truth

Beck is the only one of the greats list on this thread that I have been lucky enough to see live and he gave a brilliant set.

I saw Beck, with Rod , and Aynsley Dunbar on drums...several times in the late 1960s. I also saw Clapton with Cream,once, and Fleetwood Mac probably three times. All in fairly intmate venues such as Nottm Boat Club.. where you could both see and hear what they were doing.
I'd put Clapton last. I preferred Beck by some margin, when they were all basically playing blues.... Until I heard Green.. But I think I'd put Beck and Green equal. Both brilliant...but different.

Simon and Garfunkel - Bookends

I saw Beck, with Rod , and Aynsley Dunbar on drums...several times in the late 1960s. I also saw Clapton with Cream,once, and Fleetwood Mac probably three times. All in fairly intmate venues such as Nottm Boat Club.. where you could both see and hear what they were doing.
I'd put Clapton last. I preferred Beck by some margin, when they were all basically playing blues.... Until I heard Green.. But I think I'd put Beck and Green equal. Both brilliant...but different.

I’m jealous! I was a bit too young to catch those bands - only started catching up in 1969/70 by which time it was a bit too late. Finally saw the Jeff Beck Group when they played at Lancaster University in ‘73(?) - not the same obviously but still a thrill to see Beck live.

advertisement

Back