advertisement

What are you listening to right now #60

Status
Not open for further replies.
CBS – CBS 450982 2. CD, remastered, reissue.

R-57535-1246220769.jpeg.jpg

AMM, It Had Been An Ordinary Enough Day In Pueblo, Colorado. I've always loved this one. 1979, duo, Eddie Prevost and Keith Rowe. I think Rowe does his best ever recorded work on this. Can't find it on youtube though.

Miles Davis - The Real Miles Davis - cd 1 from a Columbia 3 cd set which I picked up for £4 in FOPP the other day. A decent compilation with selections from Kind of Blue, Sketches of Spain and other albums with which I'm less familiar - crap track info (title, composer and date only) and no sleeve notes - not even directing you to the original albums.

sounds pretty good though !

The Lightning Seeds - Cloudcuckooland

Pretty sure this is its first play this century. Had forgotten how good it is.

s-l300.jpg

The Railway Children - Recurrence

Still one of my most favourite albums after 33 years.

Fantastic record, I thought me and my brother were the only ones that loved this.
Similarly, The Bible! Eureka album.....
Btw, Gary Newby such a talented songwriter, the first Peel session I recorded and played it to death.

Fantastic record, I thought me and my brother were the only ones that loved this.
Similarly, The Bible! Eureka album.....
Btw, Gary Newby such a talented songwriter, the first Peel session I recorded and played it to death.

That guitar sound eh? I first saw them supporting Lloyd Cole just as this came out and that was it. Saw them so many times, once sleeping in the car after a Brighton park gig. Last time was 5 years ago on the brief reunion for the 30th anniversary of A Gentle Sound. They still had it.

Is the Peel Session on https://www.discogs.com/master/914962-The-Railway-Children-The-Radio-One-Evening-Show-Sessions ?

71ePLHMdzzL._AC_SY355_.jpg

Terry, Blair & Anouchka - Ultra Modern Nursery Rhymes

Unashamedly catchy and poptastic, Terry tries happy

Though I am called the laughing devil
More gloomier than gloom
I met sorrow face to face
And lived to find a better place

Status
Not open for further replies.

advertisement

Back