advertisement

The Queen....a Hypocrite in the extreme?

Mynamemynaim

38yrs a Naim owner
After her recent captured comments on climate change....is the Queen just the biggest hypocrite going?

Flying and driving on numerous unneeded trips
Heating huge palaces and homes when nobody's in them...

The list is really endless

After her recent captured comments on climate change....is the Queen just the biggest hypocrite going?

Flying and driving on numerous unneeded trips
Heating huge palaces and homes when nobody's in them...

The list is really endless
Not as big a hypocrite as Prince ‘I run my Aston Martin on cheese’ Charles

Yeah I think they're both being hypocritical. I don't have a problem with them taking a view on environmental issues as it's obviously hugely important that real change is made and the more people on board the better, but if they expect a positive reaction to their comments then they have to be seen to be making a pretty big effort themselves.

Yes ...there's so much the royal family could do to set a positive example...but they fail to do that on so many occasions

I don't buy the thought that a Palace that she is not resident in at any time is empty but heated. All these palaces are places of work and living for many many people.

She is head of state - I guess she will travel a bit more than you or I. Can we all claim not to travel 'unnecessarily' - you do not see Queen E jetting off to Majorca with her family in tow for a booze filled sun holiday - which many 'ordinary' families do - and is strictly 'unnecessary'. Perhaps we should start by banning the family holiday - and all those 'city' breaks and stag parties in Eastern Europe.

Only a few more steps from that and we should all return to a pre-industrial land based economy!

I've read that HM is extremely careful as regards heating. She won't allow it to be turned on until the condensation on the inside of Buck House's windows is frozen solid. And even then it's only one bar of the electric fire.

I've read that HM is extremely careful as regards heating. She won't allow it to be turned on until the condensation on the inside of Buck House's windows is frozen solid. And even then it's only one bar of the electric fire.

So she is senile as well..

What comments is this thread based on? Threads like this need to have sources.

PS I know Chris Packham and many others were campaigning for rewilding much “royal” land. I obviously support that (whilst disputing the very concept of “royal” land).

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58923924

'The Queen has appeared to suggest she is irritated by people who "talk" but "don't do", ahead of next month's climate change summit.

Her reported remarks were overheard during the opening of the Welsh parliament on Thursday.

The monarch, who is due to attend the UN's COP26 climate conference in Glasgow, said she did not know who was coming to the event.

Prince Charles and Prince William have also spoken of their climate concerns.

Global leaders are meeting in Glasgow between 31 October and 12 November to negotiate a new deal to stall rising global temperatures.'

Suspect most of us are hypocrites when it comes to 'Green', and could 'do better'. The Queen at least is on message and, among others things, is looking to green up Balmoral but it's all in limbo because of the red squirrels. Applaud her comments re: our feckless politicians.

Well, hypocrisy is the weakest call out ever as we are all guilty of it. It's like criticising someone for being human.

From memory, the extreme example was Nicholae Ceaușescu of Romania, who had 20-something palaces, and all were permanently heated to over 20°C, no matter whether he was there or not.

Well, hypocrisy is the weakest call out ever as we are all guilty of it. It's like criticising someone for being human.
It was a pretty bad call by the OP; I think he thought the multitude would be just as scathing.

As regards @Tony L comment re rewilding and Chris Packham, it's a fantastic idea and should be implemented as soon as possible. I don't think the Queen or Charles would be against the idea - but there have been enough assumptions on this thread!

"is this the same Queen whose lawyers very recently lobbied the Scottish government in secret to change a draft law to exempt her private estates from a major carbon-cutting initiative ? Yes. Yes, it is the same Queen. As a result of this, the sovereign is the only landowner in the whole of Scotland who doesn’t have to facilitate renewable energy pipelines on her various estates in the country"
Surely not.

https://www.theguardian.com/comment...anet-helicopter-queen-charles-william-climate
I think we covered this some time ago in relation to The Duchy of Cornwall.

The process is not "secret", nor "arcane", and is not instituted by the Monarch or her representatives.

Google Queen's or Prince's Consent for more info.

advertisement

Back