advertisement

Who is brave enough to post a selfie?

T1dfwA.jpg

The things you find. Not technically a 'selfie', but taken with my camera, a Pentax EMII (I've still got it) at art college, I think in 1979.

I could make a half ounce of tobacco, and a haircut, go a long way in those days.

oh dear we need recent pictures not hiding behind ancient images - pretending to be a doe-eyed and thoughtful intellectual.

Another week spent in the care of Lincoln County Hospital Coronary Care Unit. Last weds (29/9) my angina pains had reached the point where a visit to A&E was necessary - in fact my GP (an ex-RN doctor who I've known for several years) answered my 'AskMyGP' online request with a...'Get your arse to A&E now!'.

Result?

I'm to undergo a bypass operation in the next couple of weeks.

View of the loo by Boxertrixter, on Flickr
Great that you’re getting this done before further problems with your health or NHS capacity Gromit. We expect you to have a gained a bit more bounce afterward! All the best.

The first day for wearing an overcoat while out walking. I remembered posting a selfie outside the old folks’ home while wearing one in the depths of last winter, so I thought I’d try to recreate it. I didn’t get the angle right, but here I am, twenty-five pounds lighter, a few inches longer and, as Nigel would say, one older. I know I’m wearing several extra layers in the ‘before’ pic which adds to the sense of extra weight, but having not made a comparison like this before I was actually quite shocked to see how much thinner my face looks. So that must be why I can now not only fit into 15 1/2 shirts but also do up the top button without strangling myself.

50871006551_036fd36948.jpg

51614839676_b5f3d9ec1a.jpg

advertisement

Back