advertisement

Phonography

I’ve just spent ten minutes watching this little chap wrestling with a begonia petal, as I wasn’t sure what he was trying to achieve. Chuck it off the bottom of his web was the answer. Mission accomplished, with a nearly visible sigh he set about repair work.

51503106748_d0e0c45c52_z.jpg

Last edited:

The iconic scallop shell on the beach between Aldeburgh and Thorpeness looked wonderful on Saturday afternoon with a touch of September sun shining off the four-meter high steel sculpture and the sea in the distance. Unveiled in 2003 as a striking tribute to Benjamin Britten – one of the twentieth-century’s most important composers who spent much of his life in Aldeburgh and nearby Snape; the Scallop was conceived by Suffolk-born artist Maggi Hambling, and made by Aldeburgh craftsmen Sam and Dennis Pegg.

Maggi Hambling's as mad as a goose. Did you see the recent documentary about her?

She gives art lessons to a friend of mine. Well, I don't suppose she actually 'gives' them. They've got a vast canvas of hers hanging up in their hall. Its hideous.

I’ve just spent ten minutes watching this little chap wrestling with a begonia petal, as I wasn’t sure what he was trying to achieve. Chuck it off the bottom of his web was the answer. Mission accomplished, with a nearly visible sigh he set about repair work.

51503106748_d0e0c45c52_z.jpg

That's a European garden spider. I think you might find that he's a she. Or just extremely obese.

That's a European garden spider. I think you might find that he's a she. Or just extremely obese.
Ah, OK. My spider-sexing skills are a bit rusty these days, so I stuck with ‘he’ as that is one letter fewer to type than ‘she.’ I thought I had an approximate 50% chance of being correct which, let’s face it, is about ten times better than I usually manage.

The iconic scallop shell on the beach between Aldeburgh and Thorpeness looked wonderful on Saturday afternoon with a touch of September sun shining off the four-meter high steel sculpture and the sea in the distance. Unveiled in 2003 as a striking tribute to Benjamin Britten – one of the twentieth-century’s most important composers who spent much of his life in Aldeburgh and nearby Snape; the Scallop was conceived by Suffolk-born artist Maggi Hambling, and made by Aldeburgh craftsmen Sam and Dennis Pegg.

I love that spot.....

Feral cats in France...

Good morning... (they speak good English)

51629109160_c7c3544ede_z.jpg

...here’s the deal, you give me food then you can get on with your gardening without feeling guilty...

51628473118_4c24cf5fc3_z.jpg

...and it’s no good thinking you can get away from me in there... right, I’ll be back, with reinforcements...

51629105550_8817f38d67_z.jpg

...OK, turn charm up to 11 - resistance is useless! Ha! Works every time...

51629104910_c033c0992c_z.jpg

advertisement

Back