advertisement

The Strangest TV show ever made

Joe Hutch

Mate of the bloke
Not Lost, not Twin Peaks, not The Prisoner. It was in fact a US comedy show. Not Mr Ed, though a talking horse is quite weird.

No, it was My Mother The Car, in which a man’s dead mother is reincarnated as a 1928 Porter, which talks to him but to no-one else.

Surprisingly, only one series was made. I guess the TV executives confiscated the screenwriter’s drugs.

Man, I feel old. I can remember watching that programme / show on the telly in the mid / late sixties. Laid on the floor with my face about 2 feet away from the screen ( You'll get square eyes!)

Good times.

But the original Twilight Zone is still the Best.

I always remember my great grandfather telling me that the American comedy ‘Soap’ was, “too daft to laugh at”.

In the 1970’s I used to have tonsillitis a lot and be off school.

It would be the only time I would see this insane cartoon. I loved it. It was mad.

I’m sure there was one in which a pervy-looking old bloke with long dyed hair and a weird yodelly voice sat in his armchair, sucked on a cigar and promised to fulfill children’s dreams. But I can’t find any mention of it anywhere on the BBC, so perhaps I imagined it.

Last edited:
Fortean TV or Fortean Times, not exactly sure of the title. It was a 90s show about the paranormal hosted by a vicar.

Dare To Believe was a strange sort of comedy show I used to watch. I always like the sketch with the Dept for the Environment was doing an otter survey on members of the public with snooker style commentary. Rather odd.

advertisement

Back