advertisement

Who is brave enough to post a selfie?

Portrait of Unsteady Old Git with Shopping Bag and Ploughed Field

51503950138_2112f2cd37_c.jpg

Another week spent in the care of Lincoln County Hospital Coronary Care Unit. Last weds (29/9) my angina pains had reached the point where a visit to A&E was necessary - in fact my GP (an ex-RN doctor who I've known for several years) answered my 'AskMyGP' online request with a...'Get your arse to A&E now!'.

Result?

I'm to undergo a bypass operation in the next couple of weeks.

View of the loo by Boxertrixter, on Flickr

Another week spent in the care of Lincoln County Hospital Coronary Care Unit. Last weds (29/9) my angina pains had reached the point where a visit to A&E was necessary - in fact my GP (an ex-RN doctor who I've known for several years) answered my 'AskMyGP' online request with a...'Get your arse to A&E now!'.

Result?

Wow.
All the best!

Result?

Very best wishes, Mr G.

Result?

I believe it is pretty routine, these days. And it seems a lot of men feel so much better afterwards that they run away with Bulgarian acrobatic dancers or take up hang gliding. Speaking from experience, the nice parts are when they put you to sleep, and afterwards when you feel better every day. Not so nice RIGHT afterwards, but that's only a day or two.

Thanks fellas :)

@PaulMB thanks for the confidence booster, I've had several surgeries before, but nothing quite as invasive as a CABG though but what you say echoes much of what folk (who've had the procedure) have told me. A mixture of being rather scared, but also quite excited. I'm having the op done at Glenfield which is a renowned heart hospital so know I'll be in the best of hands.

Result?

Don’t cross your legs in bed. Increases the risk of a deep vein thrombosis, especially if you have other issues…

Result?

Only just visited this thread, best wishes and good luck with the operation, hope it all goes smoothly

Last edited:

Result?

Good luck Mr Gromit! I'm sure it'll all go swimmingly, and I have it on very good authority that Sir Lancelot Spratt himself will be wielding the knife.

Seeing you crossing your legs reminds me of when, many moons ago, I was having a bit of surgery done in Queen Mary's hospital, Roehampton, in the days when they kept you in for several months for an ingrowing toenail. The sister used to take great delight in patrolling the ward and slapping our feet if we dare lie on our beds with legs crossed, and it wasn't a gentle tap!

advertisement

Back