advertisement

Got any petrol or diesel?

Streatham, London SW16, has 3 petrol stations of which one of them has fuel per day. The queueing is quite short - maybe 4 cars so it's better than last week. I was in Sandwich Kent on Tuesday. It has one petrol station and one main road into the town was blocked all day by cars waiting to refuel. The friends I visited waited 50 minutes in line to fill up their car. They need the fuel because the husband is quite poorly.
Daan Saarf East things are nowhere near satisfactory.

Rode around Lewisham last night looking to top up £3s worth in the moped. First four petrol stations empty - success at last one I tried (nearest my flat.. doh!)

Weirdly everyone was ignoring pump number 1 - I guess they figured if no one else was queuing there it must not be running!

P.S. I honestly thought it would all be sorted by now....

Just filled up without a queue in Reigate. Every other petrol station I saw between Maidstone and there was closed.

I went over the sea to Portsmouth yesterday and filled my tank, further inland there were empty fuel tanks or long queues.

There was fuel around today (London, South East) & the queues weren't quite as long, so hopefully, it's picking up now.

Arrived home from work at 8pm last night with 40miles left on the van. Went out looking in and around Maidstone - ten garages and 45 mins later I finally found some. Today seems a bit better.

So now to stock up on Quality Street...

Or maybe I'll just stick to Heroes and Celebrations, as they are much better anyway.

'Quality Street' hasn't lived up to its name since they buggered about with the wrappers :mad:

It's been Celebrations for the last few Xmases down our way ......

FFS! They’re all at it now and they know the gullible will fall for it.
For sure. Including, looking closer to home, within the audio business: to persuade us (the gullible?) to buy stuff we didn't know we needed to solve problems we didn't know we had and spend more money than we intended. "It's night and day. If you don't hear the problem you have and the improvement you get you're not a genuine audiophile."

The East of England Co-op ended their priority fuelling for NHS, care and emergency workers yesterday due to the drop in demand.
Strange how our local Esso is still completely closed.

The East of England Co-op ended their priority fuelling for NHS, care and emergency workers yesterday due to the drop in demand.
Strange how our local Esso is still completely closed.
I think Esso, along with BP, were the companies with the supply problems that triggered all this nonsense? In this case, I guess Esso stands for 'sold out', or perhaps 'sod off'.

I think Esso, along with BP, were the companies with the supply problems that triggered all this nonsense? In this case, I guess Esso stands for 'sold out', or perhaps 'sod off'.

Indeed. BP pays the lowest wages, I've read (& heard on the radio from a tanker driver)

BP pays the lowest wages, I've read (& heard on the radio from a tanker driver)

As an bp employee (seafarer made redundant in 1986) I think you'll find that the same company ditched all its direct employed drivers shortly thereafter? I believe Hoyer have a contract with bp?

Edited bit - http://archive.commercialmotor.com/...he-news-that-bp-and-mobil-tanker-drivers-will - back in the day the direct employed drivers were well paid and, not mentioned of course, is the share schemes and bp pension they were a part of...............

Regards

Richard

advertisement

Back