advertisement

Got any petrol or diesel?

A1 southbound Washington services Newcastle is 168.9 for diesel !
I didn't stop....

Found an Asda self service for 133.9 in Hull last night :)

I can't use cost as an excuse for not using public transport to commute - a day ticket on the bus would be £4.80 whereas using the car is about £9.15 (although fuel only would be about £4.56). For me it's time and flexibility. An extra 90 minutes or so per day commuting is quite a lot (it's pretty much my daily dog-walking time) and certainly worth more to me that a fiver or so per day! Also I do have to travel to client sites for meeting and, due to the location of our office, public transport isn't a viable option for that unfortunately.

Even if we just concentrate on the main cities (where the bulk of the people are) it will make a massive difference to air quality if people drive less.
The only time I’ve driven to Birmingham in the last 10+ years was last year, first lockdown to take my daughter to the dental hospital for urgent treatment, I always catch the train from Shenstone or Blake St station, both of which are under 10 minutes from my home, it’s a far nicer experience, city driving sucks anyway and avoiding it is better for your sanity and the environment.

Not seen any queues at the forecourts on my travels for a while. Looks like the panic buying is over at least.

Not seen any queues at the forecourts on my travels for a while. Looks like the panic buying is over at least.
Same here (Eastern England). I think the demand side has indeed stabilized, but I still see some fuel stations out of particular fuels so I think the supply side is still catching up.

Was there ever really a structural problem or did the military make a major difference or was it all panic buying whipped up to cause trouble and create internet clicks?

Our two closest stations (Oxfordshire) had no fuel this morning, one had a single diesel pump working yesterday. Sainsburys seemed to be fully operational.

Was there ever really a structural problem or did the military make a major difference or was it all panic buying whipped up to cause trouble and create internet clicks?

I'm not sure but the mass panic seems to be over - I don't think it's even a new item anymore. That should tell you something (the media circus has moved on to other topics). :rolleyes:

1800 miles from Bath to the inner Hebrides and back via Lakes and N Yorks Dales over last 8 days.
Not one single issue, in fact not one pump spotted as unavailable all the way.

I'm not sure but the mass panic seems to be over - I don't think it's even a new item anymore. That should tell you something (the media circus has moved on to other topics). :rolleyes:

Whoever's doing this sort of thing, whether they're doing it for political reasons or doing it for commercial reasons, ends up doing the Tories a favour IMO.

two local shells have nothing still. Morrisons seems OK. Tesco is chaos. Dunno about the indie up the top of the hill

advertisement

Back