advertisement

Challenge plain-clothes officers, Met Police says

"And if you can't breathe, please feel free to make your arresting officer aware of this, so he can take his knee off your neck"

Reactions: PsB
Very difficult subject. Agree though that it shouldn't be up to the public to 'police' the police. Utter nonsense! You'd be told most forthrightly where to go. Unfortunately this feeds the distrust thing but forces already have too much behind the scenes stuff to do, however public safety is PARAMOUNT. They need to get their collective act together. Makes you wonder what these police commissioners do...

Anyway, you can ask them to do as many questionnaires as you like, we all know the 'right' answers, but that doesn't tell you what is going off deep down in the psyche/subconscious.

The Police have so little knowledge of laws they try to apply and also abuse laws, for example they use stop and search laws introduced to prevent knife crimes for other violations. Not sure that they genuinely serve the public and democracy anymore. I lost any remaining respect for the police following their actions at Clapham Common.

Police assaulting females at a Vigil at which they attended showing support for Sarah murdered by one of their own!

Perhaps they have become a typical security firm with poor education and thuggish tendencies.

I write this without any criminal interaction and my only demonstration was about a dirty fouling incident involving Martin Chivers of Spurs kicking one of my heroes at the shrine!

A really quite spectacularly offensive response from the Conservative North Yorkshire Police Commissioner Philip Allott.

"So women, first of all, need to be streetwise about when they can be arrested and when they can't be arrested. She should never have been arrested and submitted to that. Perhaps women need to consider in terms of the legal process, to just learn a bit about that legal process".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-58762029

I don’t want lone police officers facing a terrorist about to or actually committing an atrocity being prevented from trying to arrest them until they are more than one.

How about male officers not being allowed to arrest single women while working alone ? That seems like a reasonable safeguard to require a male officer to have to call a female officer to assist.

A really quite spectacularly offensive response from the Conservative North Yorkshire Police Commissioner Philip Allott.

That really is disgraceful. I expect zero morality from Tory police chiefs, but victim-blaming of that grade is just disgusting. I will be hugely disappointed if that piece of shit still has a job tomorrow.

PS I expect Kit Moathouse to defend the indefensible any minute…

"So women, first of all, need to be streetwise about when they can be arrested and when they can't be arrested. She should never have been arrested and submitted to that. Perhaps women need to consider in terms of the legal process, to just learn a bit about that legal process".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-york-north-yorkshire-58762029

Despicable.

Meanwhile....https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lancashire-58384785

Despicable.

How about male officers not being allowed to arrest single women while working alone ? That seems like a reasonable safeguard to require a male officer to have to call a female officer to assist.

This practically won't work, especially in rural areas.

it is important as to differentiate between uniform and non-uniform officers (body worn video, marked car etc)

Is it not the case that no matter what measures are put in place, you'll always get wrong uns in every walk of life? Irradiating it completely is about as realistic as aiming for zero covid.

That really is disgraceful. I expect zero morality from Tory police chiefs, but victim-blaming of that grade is just disgusting. I will be hugely disappointed if that piece of shit still has a job tomorrow.

PS I expect Kit Moathouse to defend the indefensible any minute…

Kit Malthouse is my MP. Completely useless. The way this is being handled...I have no words.

How would this have prevented what happened? It needs to be recognised that in any walk of life there are people who will commit opportunist crime.

What is disturbing about Couzens (known as the rapist, apparently) is that he was twice accused of a sexual offence and that he and other Officers were in a Whatsapp group that was openly misogynistic.

Perhaps all serving Officers should be subject to random audits of their phones, laptops, and other media devices both work issued and privately owned.

Is it not the case that no matter what measures are put in place, you'll always get wrong uns in every walk of life? Irradiating it completely is about as realistic as aiming for zero covid.

Of course. But in this case it seems the vetting process(es) were not followed correctly, warning signs were ignored and sexual offences not investigated.

What is disturbing about Couzens (known as the rapist, apparently) is that he was twice accused of a sexual offence and that he and other Officers were in a Whatsapp group that was openly misogynistic.

Perhaps all serving Officers should be subject to random audits of their phones, laptops, and other media devices both work issued and privately owned.

I do agree with this. Please do bear in mind that in certain departments the audits you describe already happen.

I also find it ridiculous that some officers keep on leaving themselves open to substantiated complaints by contributing to any forms of social media by commenting on such matters.

NB I have investigated misuse of social media complaints, back in the day.

Of course. But in this case it seems the vetting process(es) were not followed correctly, warning signs were ignored and sexual offences not investigated.

Yes that's terrible. I heard that his nickname from other officers was 'rapey'.

I think rather than direct measures to do with stopping/arresting, there needs to be a push for other coppers to not fear shopping a colleague if they feel they're dodgy, get rid of this closed ranks bullshit.

Exactly Couzens should have and could have been stopped,several officers must have known he was a nutter.
However there is a culture of sexism,misogynism in the police,report anything and you're a misfit,kiss goodbye to a career.

advertisement

Back